Linux System Administrator at NTT Data, Inc
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York City, New York
Req ID: 21762
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Linux System Administrator to join our team in New York City, New York (US-NY), United States (US).
We are looking for a Mid-level to Senior-level Linux System Administrator with an understanding of enterprise security software in a Level 3 core authentication role. Specific focus is on Kerberos, Radius, SecuriD and Duo/MFA products.
This role is tasked to providing highest level of security consultancy and operational support of our security infrastructure solutions.
The role is based around operational stability and development of a large global environment of approximately 70,000 Linux Servers, 10,000 Microsoft Windows servers and 85,000 Desktops.
- Provide security consultancy services and support for MIT Kerberos, Radius and MFA solutions Securid,Duo.
- Maintain security infrastructure
- Work with global colleagues to create and maintain globally consistent processes, policies and procedures and provide innovative ideas
- Provide reporting and metrics
- Investigate & Troubleshoot and resolve escalated incidents impacting services and undertake problem ownership and related follow-ups
- Provide constructive feedback where necessary while working with colleagues
- Identify areas for automation and scripting
Required Technical Skills:
- General enterprise infrastructure knowledge (firewalls, routing and load balancing, packet captures, etc.)
- Intermediate or better experience working in a Linux environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Server operating system knowledge
- Experience in full-stack troubleshooting
Desired Technical Skills:
- Intermediate experience working with any scripting language (examples: Python, Bash/Shell and Perl, PowerShell)
- Prior experience working with web authentication products
Required Soft Skills:
- Skilled at problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing.
- Comfortable working in operations and support team with end user interaction and with periodic on-call responsibilities.
Desired Soft Skills:
- Understanding of emerging IT Trends (e.g.: cloud computing).
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills: capable of writing documentation, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management, colleagues and customers.
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experience with Authentication products or Unix administration is desired.
- Bachelor's degree in any Computer Science related field or equivalent experience.
* 5 years of experience performing unix administration
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 100,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 85 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.