Sr Java Developer at SAS Institute
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cary, North Carolina
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful that you can be proud of* SAS is making a difference in people s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
As a member of the Analytics Common Services Team you ll be developing new services that power the newest generation of analytic solutions for Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning and Forecasting. You ll design and develop innovative applications that employ a combination of microservices and serve data over cleanly designed RESTful HTTP endpoints. This is a great opportunity to join an agile team of motivated developers, with wide responsibility and high-profile feature ownership working primarily in JAVA, developing SAS Viya products and solutions for delivery to customers.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related quantitative field
* Minimum 3 years of professional software development.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills able to document and share design and specifications with team members and partners.
* Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
* Strong core Java skills including Lambda and Steams API.
* Experience with Spring Boot.
* Experience with Spring Data JPA.
* Experience building RESTful HTTP endpoints.
* Experience with Spock testing framework.
* Experience with modern development tools like JIRA, Git, Intellij IDEA, Gerrit, and Gradle.
* Experience in a Big Data Cloud environment using AWS, OpenStack, and/or Docker
* Experience building scalable services using a microservices architecture.
* Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
* Experience building a HATEOAS hypermedia-driven RESTful API.
* Experience with Groovy.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn