Packing Lead - 2nd Shift at Sig Sauer, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Newington, New Hampshire
PACKING LEAD - 2ND SHIFT
Location: Newington, NH
SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, Advanced Sport Pellet (ASP) air guns, suppressors, and training. For over 100 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy - a world class, state-of-the-art, 140-acre training facility. SIG SAUER is headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, and has more than 1,700 employees across eight locations, and is the largest member of a worldwide business group that includes SIG SAUER GmbH & Co. KG in Germany, and Swiss Arms AG in Switzerland. SIG SAUER is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
SIG SAUER is growing which has led to tremendous professional opportunities to join our team. We currently have an opportunity for a Packing Lead to join our Manufacturing team at our Newington, New Hampshire headquarters.
Ensure that all of the material needed for production lines is in place to complete each production run on time. Resolve any potential issues that packing may encounter over the course of a shift. Communicate production number and encountered issues to the supervisor on a daily basis. Execute side projects while never sacrificing the overall production goal. Individual must develop a strong understanding of all packing processes as well as Oracle.
* Lead overall production of shift.
* Report production numbers and potential issues to supervisor.
* Resolve inventory and BOM issues to keep production moving.
* Notify correct individuals on issues experienced during shift.
* Work independently on projects while keeping up production pace.
* Communicate with other department leads about workflow and issues.
* Train employees new to the department per work instructions.
* Ensure work place is in accordance to 5S protocol.
* Suggest ideas that will improve department efficiency.
* Ensure the production lines have material needed.
* Put received material into correct locations.
* Stand in on any packing line when needed.
* Create stock out, or MRB list for end of shift.
* Perform random quality checks on packing lines.
* Manage the LATE and STALLED WIP report to keep at acceptable levels.
* High School Diploma or GED
* At least 2 to 3 years of experience working in packing/production environment
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
* Must display a customer focused work ethic with the ability to interact with all levels of employees.
* Creative problem solving skills, and the capacity to get things done
* Solid organization skills, with ability to multi-task.
* Efficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
* Proficiency with Oracle is strongly preferred.
* Results driven individual who has demonstrated the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
SIG SAUER, Inc., is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/ Disability; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. Apply