Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with nearly $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cites such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis and Oklahoma City. Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity.
Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial & safety products and related solutions. Sonepar USA is made up of over 16 of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors, with coverage in all 50 states. Entering the US in 1998, Sonepar USA has continued to grow over the years due to strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Sonepar USA is a member of the Sonepar Group, an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical products and related solutions. For more information, visit SoneparUSA.com
The Pricing Analyst plays an important role in the development and execution of Irby s pricing strategies, working collaboratively with the District Manager(s), Branch Manager(s),Corporate Pricing and Sales team. Developing comprehensive pricing scenarios; execute selected strategies; determine sell-side price, setting and analyzing data to develop continuous improvement toward pricing behaviors, in order to achieve district sales and billing margin goals and objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, while developing and maintaining procedures focused on pricing accuracy and profit maximization
* Identify and target areas for improvement based on customers and sales person behavior
* Analyze/manage pricing execution, to include data integrity and consistency
* Monitors pricing overrides - recommend actions.
* In conjunction with Branch Management identify, develop and facilitate the education of the sales force on methods for and consequences of margin improvement.
* Identify, Create, Maintain pricing matrices within a region and/or branch
* Provide analytical pricing support for district/region as needed
* Review and modify pricing entries as requested by sales force or as needed
* Coordinate pricing information from vendors and other sources to determine the market levels
* Act as Company liaison with major vendors to establish and maintain local rebate agreements
* Work with managers to ensure maximum use of all vendor SPA s
* Prepares reports, including charts and graphs, as necessary to summarize and analyze activity
* Fundamental understanding in pricing structures and techniques
* Ability to teach and help others professionally
* Excellent communication and analytical skills
* High (Intermediate/ Advanced) level of proficiency in Microsoft EXCEL
* Demonstrated ability to multitask and set priorities
* Must have the ability to set priorities, manage a diversity of job responsibilities with effective organizational
* skills, and work within deadlines.
* Knowledge of the standard methods, practices and procedures employed in the acquisition of inventory and pricing of items.
* Knowledge of purchasing, inventory and pricing maintenance and control.
* Knowledge of purchasing and requisitioning practices and procedures.
* Knowledge of records keeping as employed in an purchasing and inventory operation.
* Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
* Skill in the use of personal computer/software.
* Ability to effectively communicate and follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to analyze data and draw sound conclusions.
* Ability to formulate and present recommendations and implement methods.
* Ability to prepare and present oral and written reports.
* Ability to establish and maintain records keeping and through effective application of systems.
* Ability to perform mathematical computations with speed and accuracy.
* Ability to conduct pricing matrixes
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
* 4+ years pricing analysis
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and at least four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
E0E M/F/ Disability/Veteran
Sonepar USA is an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/Disability/Veteran