Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Montville, New Jersey
POSITION: Sr. Technical Writer
JOB ID: 485
# OF OPENINGS: 1
SENIOR TECHNICAL WRITER
Founded in 1943, Marotta Controls is a fully integrated solutions provider which designs, develops, qualifies and manufactures innovative systems and sub-systems for the aerospace and defense sectors. Our portfolio includes pressure, power, motion, fluid, and electronic controls for weapon systems, shipboard and sub-sea applications, satellites, launch vehicles, and aircraft systems. With over 200 patents, Marotta continues to build on its legacy as a highly respected, family-owned small business based in the state of New Jersey.
We take our work seriously and deliver on our promise to develop best in class technology backed up by superior quality and world-class service. Our teams have repeatedly been recognized for outstanding performance by some of the most prestigious organizations in the world. Honors include: Outstanding Small Business Supplier -Lockheed Martin; Small Business Supplier of the Year Lockheed Martin; Platinum Source Supplier - Northrop Grumman; Special Recognition for Outstanding Execution The Boeing Company; Supplier of the Year Nomination The Boeing Company; Regional Small Business of the Year - US Small Business Administration; George M. Low Award for Quality and Excellence NASA.
Demonstrated Corporate Competencies
* Fiscally Responsible
The Senior Technical Writer is responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, documenting and explaining complex information in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* *Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, or related field or an Associate s degree with 10+ years of relevant experience
* 8+ years of related technical writing experience in a production/operations environment. Effective verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as any and all outside agents
* Computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, limited CAD experience, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc.
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
* Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
* Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
* Produce electronic documentation to supplement hardcopy manuals
* Maintain existing records of terminology and documentation
* Maintain, update and revise technical literature and respond to feedback from users
* Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
* Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
* Work with engineering teams, production teams, etc. to manage the flow of information among project workgroups during development and testing
* Conduct research
* Ensure consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of documentation
* Work with IT and Management to Evaluate, propose, facilitate and maintain an internal document management system to centralize document storage.
* Format, edit, and conduct quality assurance evaluations for own work and work of others
* Translate verbal information into clearly written/documented procedures
* Study engineering drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to accurately integrate, and delineate technology, maintenance procedure, troubleshooting, and parts breakdown
* Assist with the design, assembly and validation of new systems and processes for new products or existing products
* Work with Engineering and Operations to develop and maintain testing policies, procedure and performance metrics, as needed
* Support the investigation, assessment and resolution of production problems, as directed
Additional Duties / Responsibilities:
* Bring initiatives and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with individuals, both internal and external to the Marotta organization (as required).
* Facilitate training, as needed, to maintain a cross-trained workforce and to support operational goals and objectives
* Abide by all safety, quality, housekeeping and company policies/procedures to ensure compliance to various regulatory and internal system requirements
* Contribute to a positive and cooperative work environment through effective communication at all levels internal and external to the organization
* Actively participate in team meetings, improvement initiatives/programs, etc. to provide constructive recommendations and initiate actions to support company initiatives/goals
* Consistently demonstrate commitment to company values
* Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems
* Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
* Ensure that work area and work areas of direct reports are clean, secure, and well maintained
* Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to conditions typical of a manufacturing/machine shop environment, including, but not limited to: fluids, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, noise and vibration.
* This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
* Temperature of work environment may be affected by outside/external temperatures, machining processes, etc.
* This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are 8 hours, Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekend work are required, as job duties demand.
* Minimal Travel is expected for this position (less than 5%).
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Vision and color vision must pass job-required vision screening
* The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and to use hands to finger, handle or feel
* The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, or crouch, and move about the facility.
* The employee may be required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Many of our contracts require proof that you are a U.S. citizen and/or that an export license has been obtained for employees who are citizens of certain countries. Your employment, both initially and continually thereafter, is conditioned on production of such proof of citizenship and/or any export license that may be required to comply with any and all applicable laws, regulations, or executive orders, or required by Federal, State, or local government contracts.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer M/F/IWD/Veterans
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY