Housekeeper at SSM Health Care
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Under the general direction of the Director of Environmental Services (EVS) and EVS managers, the Housekeeper performs housekeeping duties necessary to maintain a designated area(s) clean and sanitized in a professional manner, ensuring that all areas create a positive impression, a healing environment and are bacteriologically safe for patients, visitors and other team members.
* Perform cleaning of assigned rooms and areas including rooms occupied by patients, visitors and health care providers.
* Communicate as needed with EVS managers and unit staff regarding patient needs.
* Perform cleaning including trash pickup, dust mopping, vacuuming carpets, mopping of floors and sanitizing high touch surfaces. After discharge of patient responsible for terminal cleaning of rooms including all floors and surfaces including walls, vents, cabinets, drawers, trash cans, toilets, commodes, showers, etc.
* Clean and disinfect lavatory fixtures throughout the facility on a routine basis.
* Maintain supplies in all restrooms in patient rooms and assigned areas including soap and paper for dispensers on a regular basis.
* Spot clean and dust throughout the facility.
* Clean windows, wash walls and perform specialty cleaning.
* Spot clean carpets and report floors needing more in depth cleaning, stripping and finish.
* Report items needing repair to EVS managers or maintenance.
* Welcome new team members and demonstrate skills needed to provide for patient and hospital needs.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Education that would enable an individual to comprehend oral and written instructions.
* Ability to work independently. Good written and oral skills. Able to perform basic computer functions log in, log out and monitor time over various computer programs.
* Previous experience as hospital housekeeper is not necessary; however, it is desirable.
About St. Mary\'s Hospital - Madison
St. Mary's is a 440-bed tertiary referral hospital offering inpatient and outpatient treatment and diagnostic services in primary care and nearly all specialties. Medical/surgical areas of special focus include the Family Birth Center, pediatrics, Neuroscience Center, geriatrics, orthopedics, emergency services and more. St. Mary's is affiliated with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine's three-year family practice residency program. Since 1912, St. Mary's has provided service to much of south-central Wisconsin including Dane County and 17 other nearby counties. In the growing city of Sun Prairie, northeast of Madison, St. Mary's Emergency Clinic provides services to more than 30,000 residents
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.