Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posted Date 4 hours ago(6/13/2018 3:16 PM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Front Office Operations
Sweet Home for sure Chicago, the third largest city in the US, is second to none with its stunning architecture and lake front beauty. There is something for everyone in Chi-Town; world class music, theater, dining, museums, sports and shopping to name a few. The 4 star Omni Chicago sits on the world famous Mag Mile amongst high end retail stores and close to many of the most popular tourist attractions in Chicago. We are known for our quality and exceptional service. We only hire only the best to ensure we continue our longstanding tradition.
Omni Chicago s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Chicago Hotel s commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company s highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Chicago Hotel may be your perfect match.
To provide assistance and services for guests, as well as the hotel, in order to ensure pleasurable accommodations.
* Use friendly and appropriate expressions when engaging guests
* Be fully acquainted with the different points of interest
* Assist in making reservations for restaurants and limousines for our guests; assist in airline ticket requests
* Ensure the delivery of parcels, mail and special deliveries to guestrooms, executive offices or meeting rooms
* Ensure that the public areas, bell closet are maintained, clean and tidy
* Follow-up with guest complaints to ensure that any problems are resolved
* Arrange special requests for guests including and not limited to flowers, rental cars, forwarding luggage, sight-seeing tours and advising of different quality local shopping area
* Utilize bell carts effectively and with caution
* Ensure the floor is covered 100% of the time, including the Front Desk
* Direct guests to the Front Desk or meeting rooms
* Call taxis and/or shuttle for guests as needed
* Assist, retrieve and load luggage for guests
* Notify the Front Desk and Guest Services of VIP arrivals whenever possible
* Engage in conversation with as many guests as possible
* Attend all designated staff meetings and training sessions
* Complete all tasks assigned by manager
* Aid guests in locating other areas of the hotel (walk them to destination if possible)
* Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
* Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications
* Excellent customer service skills
* Must have strong communication, presentation, training and organizational skills
* Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude and performance
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
* Candidates must be able to speak fluent English
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links:EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. .