Food & Beverage Leader in Development at Omni Hotels & Resorts
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Austin, Texas
Posted Date 1 day ago(6/12/2018 12:20 PM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Food & Beverage
Austin Hotel at Southpark
Just moments away from the excitement of downtown Austin, the State Capitol and the 6th Street Entertainment District; the Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark is an exciting place to work. With a premier location in the heart of a world-renowned city, the Omni Southpark is at the center of it all.
Omni Southpark s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Southpark may be your perfect match.
Omni Hotels & Resorts Leader In Development (LID) program is a challenging twelve month curriculum designed to develop entry level candidates and offer them expanded career opportunities. Through a Self Directed Development Plan a LID will experience hands on learning through their respective division of the hotel. With the successful completion of the LID program, the candidate selected will have the tools that will enable them to be a candidate for an entry level management position with Omni Hotels & Resorts.
The F&B LID will spend time in the Onion Creek Grille, Morsel s gift and coffee shop, the Lobby Bar Lounge, In-Room Dining, Pool Bar, and Banquets department. A successful candidate will be expected to join the management team of each outlet to motivate associates, drive results, and exceed the guest expectations through the day to day operations.
As an effective member of the outlets management team, the F&B LID will be primarily responsible for ensuring the quality operation of the various outlets and staff on a daily basis and assisting the Outlets Manager and Assistant Outlets Manager in staff training, and ensuring prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni F&B standards and company policies and procedures.
* Responsible for the assigned shift and ensuring the smooth and quality operation of multi-unit outlets; coordinating staff on shift and hold pre-shift meetings to ensure staff preparation; be present on the floor during all peak service hours to ensure service operations are in compliance with all corporate standards of excellence; monitor guest experience, handle all guest complaints to guest satisfaction, and receive guest feedback and comments; examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
* Assist in the supervision of F&B outlets including but not limited to restaurant(s), lobby bar lounge, in-room dining, refreshment centers, coffee and gift shop, and pool-side bar by ensuring that product quality and service standards are met.
* Assist Outlets Manager in recruiting, selecting, hiring, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, evaluating, supervising performance and carrying out disciplinary action as needed, in accordance with corporate policies and applicable laws.
* Assist in the maintenance of all F&B outlets linen, silver, and china inventories; outlets equipment, and any additional needed items issued by corporate special menus, initiatives, and programs.
* Ensure a pleasant dining experience in all outlets by collaborating with Executive Chef and/or Chef de Cuisine in the refinement of successful daily menu specials.
* Assist in the control costs of all food and beverage outlets by coordinating with Outlets Manager and/or Purchasing Manager in the purchasing of beverages, supplies, and equipment; maintaining effective inventory and shortage controls; assist Outlets Manager in any additional administrative duties.
* Maintain customer satisfaction and employee productivity by handling customer inquiries, concerns or comments, and providing solutions; acquiring feedback from customers and co-workers ; developing new concepts with Outlets Manager to improve customer satisfaction.
* Protect the corporation, associates, and the guests by adhering to all safety, sanitation, food preparation, food storage and alcohol beverage control policies.
* Plan and host monthly OST meetings in accordance with corporate SOP.
* Maintains knowledge of local competition and industry trends and maintains knowledge of company Medallia scores, comments, and trends.
* Responsible for coordinating meetings and training opportunities with hotel department heads and management teams in order to complete the LID program s contracts and training aspects.
* Primary duty is supervision, but may be required to fill in as bartender, server, and host as needed.
* Know, adhere to, and follow up on staff training, knowledge, and compliance of all corporate policies, procedures, and standard operations. Including, but not limited to:
* Up selling techniques with service staff
* Emergency procedures, safety precautions, and accident reports
* Liquor liability laws; specifically:
* Dramshop Theory prohibiting sale of liquor to intoxicated guest
* Prohibiting sale of liquor to minors
* Food consistency and quality of presentation
* Health inspection and ECOSure compliance
* Moments of Service standards
* Be familiar with F&B related procedures and equipment as needed for shift operations, ensure compliance of check and cash handling by outlets staff, and assist the cashier when needed. Including, but not limited to:
* Reconciliations and deposits
* Credit/Debit charge procedures
* House/Room charge procedures
* Walkouts and missing methods of payment
* Meal period change, reports, and abstracts
* Ensure, maintain, and aid in continuous standards of excellence in cleanliness, physical atmosphere, organization, and maintenance, of service areas. Including, but not limited to:
* Station and guest rotation in seating and ticket order in multi-server outlets
* All lights, music, and temperatures comfortably and accurately set
* All tabletops, trays, serving areas, buffet lines, product shelves, and counters accurately set and displayed to specifications
* Maintain a consistently smooth quality staff operation during assigned shift across multiple outlet facilities. Including, but not limited to:
* All associates are appropriately, neatly, and cleanly dressed in uniform
* Ensure associate punctuality and attendance to all scheduled shifts, department meetings, and applicable training
* Conduct pre-shift meeting with all staff prior to or at shift start
* Check for reservations and ensure proper preparation
* Complete all shift logs, review staff side work, and closing paperwork
* Ensure high quality, excellence, and expectations of guest experience and service satisfaction.
* Maintain the running of a multi-unit outlets operation and assist the Outlets Manager in the completion all assigned administrative duties in a quality and timely manner.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links:
EEOC is the Law Poster - https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
The following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement-