Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Asheville, North Carolina
Posted Date 1 day ago(6/12/2018 11:13 AM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Grove Park Inn
The AAA Four-Diamond Grove Park Inn is noted for understated elegance and southern charm; ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this hotel. The property offers sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, delectable restaurants, a Donald Ross golf course, tennis and fitness center, award winning spa and spacious convention facilities.
Omni Grove Park Inn s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Grove Park Inn may be your perfect match.
To ensure a safe, efficient, well-maintained hotel environment while providing maintenance services to guests in a courteous, professional and engaging manner.
* Perform preventative maintenance responsibilities on all spa equipment as assigned
* Maintain all basic mechanical items and pools in the spa.
* Work as a team to keep the back of house areas and equipment in safe, good working order.
* Clean all work areas after completing job.
* Assists mechanics and external contractors in repairs of hotel property and equipment.
* Completion of all assigned work orders and daily tasks.
* Receive direction for house calls via radio.
* Have a thorough understanding of Omni fire alarm procedures and other emergencies.
* Have a thorough understanding of Omni Hotel rules and regulations.
* Have a thorough understanding of OSHA rules and regulations.
* Be familiar with all hotel amenities and hotel facilities
* To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments (to include PBX, Guest Services, Housekeeping, F&B outlets, Banquets, Sales, Engineering and Purchasing)
* Maintain 4 - Star/4 Diamond Standards of guest service
* Aid guests in locating other areas of the hotel (walk them to destination if possible)
* Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
* Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
* Effectively operate computer, two way radio, power and hand tools required to complete responsibilities.
* Deliver personalized, memorable guest experiences by utilizing the Power of One
* Perform other duties | special projects as assigned by Engineering Management
* Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
* Must possess painting, basic plumbing, basic electrical, minor carpentry, lighting, pool maintenance, and computer skills.
* Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
* Prior building maintenance experience and/or relevant technical training
* Walk, stand, climb, bend, reach over-head, squat and kneel for long periods at a time, as the position requires constant motion. Crawling for short periods of time.
* Move, lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50-100lbs without assistance. Candidates must be able to utilize step stools and ladders effectively..
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links:
EEOC is the Law Poster - https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
The following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement-