Catering Sales - Senior Manager at Omni Hotels & Resorts
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, California
Locations US-CA-Los Angeles
Posted Date 1 day ago(6/12/2018 11:20 AM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Catering and Convention Services
Los Angeles Hotel
From sunny beaches to world-class entertainment, the city of Los Angeles is a great place to live, work and play. The four-diamond Omni Los Angeles Hotel is located in downtown s cultural district. The hotel is adjacent to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, MOCA and numerous other entertainment destinations.
Currently ranked #1 by Trip Advisor for Best Downtown Hotels in Los Angeles, the Omni Los Angeles strives to provide the highest quality product and customer service to each and every guest. Omni Hotels & Resorts believes in The Power of One, the practice of empowering every associate to do their best to ensure our guests feel comfortable and appreciated. This philosophy is the reason why the Omni Los Angeles has been so successful in customer satisfaction throughout the years. It is our mission to inspire and reward our associates, and we are committed to being the employer of choice in the hospitality industry. If you are a friendly, motivated individual, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel may be your perfect match.
Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
Sitting at the cross-roads of the vibrant arts, culture and financial district of exciting downtown Los Angeles, the four-diamond Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza has continually lead in service and financial results. The proximity of this city center hotel to the Los Angeles Convention Center, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dodger Stadium, and world class theaters, museums, and sports and entertainment venues makes it an ideal destination for guests and associates alike.
The associates at the Omni Los Angeles Hotel establish motivating and high growth careers as they receive training and mentoring from a hotel that consistently holds rank at the top of guest service scores. With a familial setting and a commitment to development evidenced by its internal promotion rate, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel is the perfect place to further your career. If you seek empowerment, recognition and a diligence to provide superior service, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel could be everything you have been looking for. Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one s career into various areas of the hotel and company s leadership roles.
The Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza is seeking an individual to join our dynamic award winning sales team in catering sales.
As a Senior Catering Manager, you would be responsible for developing market segments and soliciting new customers to purchase food and beverage and utilize event facilities in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
* Develop market segments and actively solicit new customer relationships in corporate and social market while maintaining existing relationships
* Conduct property tours, participate in assigned tradeshows, sales missions, industry and community events, and facilitate sales presentations to prospective customers to solicit, negotiate, and secure catering business
* Host and entertain clients and maintain client accounts to grow account share, secure repeat business, and increase profitability and visibility for hotel and brand.
* Negotiate services and prices to maximize revenue and profitability
* Pre-event planning and detailing for booked events including on-site event management to ensure all function arrangements are executed to client s specifications.
* Maximize Catering revenues and check averages through up-selling techniques.
* Creation of profitable menus and communication of function-arrangement to all responsible hotel departments through timely distributions of BEOs and active participation in BEO meetings.
* Proactive communication with clients to initiate, negotiate, and close contracts for all catered functions.
* Coordinate Catering support services (flowers, entertainment, decoration, A/V, etc.) to provide complete client satisfaction.
* Be involved in and/or conduct departmental training.
* Use feedback from Group Medallia Meeting Planner Evaluations to improve service quality. Collaborate with DOC-CS on creating action plans to improve scores.
* Collaborate with DOC-CS on weekly and monthly forecasting procedures.
* Assist the Director of Catering & Conference Services in support of the Catering operation and work closely with the Catering and Sales Department to maximize overall revenues; maintain positive interdepartmental communications; and contribute to the overall direction and operation of the hotel
* Effectively control expenses while exceeding overall budgeted revenues thereby resulting in a profitable return.
* Other duties and projects as assigned by Director of Catering and Conference Services (DOC-CS).
* College degree preferred.
* 4 years of progressive experience in a catering/sales hotel or related field with a track record of achieving production goals through proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills
* Knowledge of the operations of the hotel industry.
* Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative and positive leader who is a self-starter
* Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and troubleshoot when needed.
* Strong communication skills with command of the English language both written and verbal, including group presentations.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment and ensure excellent customer service satisfaction
* Ability to direct and lead activities through internal and external resources.
* Account planning skills - Management of the customer decision and relationship process.
* Financial analysis skills has the ability to tie strategies and planned actions to results.
* Creative and strategic skills - Idea generation, innovative and creative problem solving
* Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook, and Salesforce Delphi FDC preferred.
* The ability to delegate, effectively train and coach
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Proactively explore networking opportunities and community leadership.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org..