Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posted Date 1 day ago(6/12/2018 4:59 PM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
This luxurious Omni property, which opened it's doors on March 6, 2018, is located in the heart of Downtown Louisville and designed with intersecting towers that represent the crossroads of the past, present and future of Louisville. Inspired by the city s rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville will transform one of the city s most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel will be a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, will allow guests to rest, relax or socialize with spectacular views of the city from above. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city s heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel s Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests will also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot modern urban lifestyle market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Bros. coffee, baking bread and fragrant fresh flowers.
The Sous Chef will be responsible for all areas of the Banquet Kitchen operations.This leader will ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the Banquet Kitchen. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in a high volume banquet operation and in upscale/luxury hotels.
* Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's Banquet operation to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all Omni Standards.
* Manage associates in scheduling, training, developing, coaching and counseling, conducting reviews. Also focus on attracting, interviewing, retaining and motivating the associates while providing a safe work environment.
* Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met or exceeded while quality is maintained or improved.
* Assist the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Banquet Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of outlets, banquets, seasonal and special menus.
* Scheduling of staff according to budget and business forecast.
* Provide kitchen support for banquet functions.
* Oversee proper handling and tracing of banquet food returns at end of functions.
* Directs proper sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
* Comply with EcoSure & health code standards for sanitation.
* Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order.
* Directs proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products and cleanliness).
* Knows expectations and ensures that staff understands them and that they execute said expectations within the proper guidelines.
* Provide support and leadership to accomplish our Medallia food quality score
* Checks and controls sign-in and sign-out procedures for kitchen staff.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Candidate is required to have at least 2 years previous culinary management experience in a high volume, full service banquet or restaurant kitchen.
* College education and/or culinary degree preferred.
* Candidate must be creative and up to speed on new concepts and food trends.
* Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to train, develop, and motivate staff.
* Ability to teach employees importance of, and how to interact with internal/external guests and courteously solve internal requests
* Ability to train a staff to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards
* Able to set priorities for the culinary team and provide feedback to others that enhances performance.
* Prior experience managing schedules, inventory, payroll, service recovery and associate relations matters required.
* Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and provide guest follow up in a fast paced environment.
* Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking
* Eye/hand coordination needed to use all kitchen equipment.
* Highly motivated self-starter focused on quality, organization, cleanliness and teamwork.
* Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc) and taste/smell.
* Must be proficient with computers.
* Serve Safe certified food manager.
* Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs. Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time, with frequent bending and twisting.
* Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays..
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links:
EEOC is the Law Poster - https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
The following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement-