Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posted Date 1 day ago(6/12/2018 10:07 AM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
The new Omni Frisco Hotel is more than just the official hotel of the Dallas Cowboys, it s the new social hub for great food, fun and nightlife. This 16-story hotel features 300 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites and a range of meeting spaces to accommodate any sized gathering. From grand and junior ballrooms to intimate spaces and an elevated pool deck, Omni Frisco Hotel s 24,000 square feet of meeting space provide endless opportunities for events.
The brand new, multi-use campus in development with the Dallas Cowboys, the city of Frisco and Frisco Independent School District features restaurants, retail space, entertainment venues and more. Omni Frisco Hotel is connected to The Ford Center, a 12,000-seat, domed, multi-purpose event center. The entire development is anchored by the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters, which houses office space and the practice facility for the Dallas Cowboys and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Located 20 minutes north of downtown Dallas and 25 minutes from both DFW International and Love Field Airport, the new Omni Frisco Hotel features a bevy of amenities including Neighborhood Services, a restaurant featuring honest food and drink in the American tradition. Discover our luxury boutique, Charlotte Jones Collection featuring local designers, a chic coffee and wine bar in the lobby and an elevated pool bar and grill, The Edge, overlooking the 91-acre entertainment district dubbed The Star.
The brand new, upscale Omni Frisco Hotel embodies true Texas charm and sophistication.
Staying true to Omni s local color, this luxury hotel captures the energy and future of this vibrant North Texas city.
The Sous Chef will be responsible for all areas of the kitchens operations in the absence of the Executive Chef .This leader will ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in upscale/luxury hotels.
* Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's restaurant(s) and room service to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all Omni Standards.
* Manage associates in scheduling, training, developing, coaching and counseling, conducting reviews. Also focus on attracting, interviewing, retaining and motivating the associates while providing a safe work environment.
* Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met or exceeded while quality is maintained or improved.
* Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of outlets, banquets, seasonal and special menus.
* Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his or her absence.
* Scheduling of staff according to budget and business forecast.
* Provide kitchen support for banquet functions.
* Oversee proper handling and tracing of banquet food returns at end of functions.
* Directs proper sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
* Comply with EcoSure & health code standards for sanitation.
* Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order.
* Directs proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products and cleanliness).
* Knows expectations and ensures that staff understands them and that they execute said expectations within the proper guidelines.
* Provide support and leadership to accomplish our Medallia food quality score
* Checks and controls sign-in and sign-out procedures for kitchen staff.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Candidate is required to have at least 2 years previous culinary management experience in a high volume, full service Four Diamond Kitchen.
* Candidate must have proven culinary skills and must be able to lead, develop, and motivate staff.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills, Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required.
* Candidate must be creative and up to speed on new concepts and food trends.
* Computer literate and detail orientated is a must.
* Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to create and understand financial reports.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
* College education and/or culinary degree preferred.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.
END OF JOB DESCRIPTION