Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Amelia Island, Florida
Locations US-FL-Amelia Island
Posted Date 3 hours ago(6/13/2018 4:48 PM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Food & Beverage
Amelia Island Plantation Resort
At Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort guests can explore 3.5 miles of pristine beach and scenic marshlands whileenjoying luxurious oceanfront accommodations, world-class resort pools, championship golf, full-service spa, endless dining options and family-friendly activities.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort may be your perfect match.
Maintain the highest standards possible for the guest by insuring quick, efficient, and professional service to ensure satisfaction.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and associates
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guest.
* Must remain professional in all situations.
* Understand and acknowledge of proper uniform and grooming standards.
* Ensure that the lobby public areas are maintained and cleaned by liaison with housekeeping department
* Assist with monthly inventory.
* Adhere to all policies regarding employee purchases.
* Follow proper procedure for accepting credit cards and checks.
* Maintain a cash bank.
* Verifying guest room numbers for room charges.
* Interact with other departments to ensure guest needs are satisfied.
* Adhere to proper food handling procedures.
* Proper knowledge of equipment use and safety procedures.
* Coffee maker/urn, toaster, microwave, beverage machines, bus trays, dishware, silverware, glassware, telephone, pen/pencil, photo-copying machine
* Interior of hotel, in the restaurant, kitchen and guestroom. Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Minimum 1 year cash handling experience
* Basic math skills needed to understand and implement recipes and measurements.
* Good eye/hand coordination needed to use all kitchen equipment.
* Requires a working knowledge of sanitation standards.
* Prepares daily requisition for supplies and food items for production
* Work cohesively with entire hotel staff as part of a team.
* Maintain food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
* Support procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
* Understands, follows and maintains all standardized recipes.
* Maintain all coolers and freezers, prep area and equipment up to State of Florida Health Department codes at all times.
* Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
* 1 year minimum work related experience is required.
* Must have State of Florida food safety certification..
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links:
EEOC is the Law Poster - https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
The following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement-