Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Austin, Texas
Posted Date 4 weeks ago(5/18/2018 11:55 AM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you ll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown s commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company s highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
The Sous Chef is responsible for the efficient and effective running of the kitchen and food production outlets.
* Advise Executive Chef on all matters relating to the kitchen area and ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
* Manages employees encompassing culinary, servers and stewarding.
* Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of restaurant unit.
* Carries out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* AAS in Culinary Arts or equivalent from an accredited University or Institute.
* Previous culinary experience is highly preferred.
* Must possess strong organizational, management, culinary, communication, and motivational skills.
* Must be proficient in all aspects of the Food & Beverage/Hospitality industry control procedures.
* Must possess strong background in analytical cost efficiency kitchen management, regional cuisine with all aspects of proper production & presentation methods.
* Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Must be able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
* Servesafe Sanitation; ACF Certified preferred.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com..