Lobby Cocktail Server at Omni Hotels & Resorts
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posted Date 6 months ago(12/18/2017 2:07 PM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Food & Beverage
This luxurious Omni property, which opened it's doors on March 6, 2018, is located in the heart of Downtown Louisville and designed with intersecting towers that represent the crossroads of the past, present and future of Louisville. Inspired by the city s rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville will transform one of the city s most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel will be a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, will allow guests to rest, relax or socialize with spectacular views of the city from above. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city s heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel s Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests will also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot modern urban lifestyle market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Bros. coffee, baking bread and fragrant fresh flowers.
To deliver prompt and courteous service to guests at the Lobby Bar.
* Acknowledge and greet all guests, anticipate guest needs and respond to guest inquiries or requests.
* Must have full knowledge of food and beverage offerings.
* Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of work areas.
* Properly provide silverware and condiments prior to food being presented at bar area.
* Clean and resetting of bar area as guests depart or preparation of drink is completed.
* Responsible for proper bar setup and break down and triple sink procedures.
* Communicate with management, kitchen staff, and serving staff professionally at all times.
* Contributes to a professional workplace that maximized employee moral, productivity and effectiveness. Works well with a diverse FOH and BOH staff.
* Performs additional responsibilities although not detailed, as requested by a manager.
* Insures responsible service of alcohol by following all legal requirements including carding and consumption
* Accurately takes food and beverage orders from guests and promptly records all transactions in Micros system. Maintains guest tabs and processes payment promptly.
* Prepares restaurant and pool deck for either opening or closing in accordance with departmental standards
* Serves food and beverage to guests following departmental steps of service and adheres to service times
* Follows daily checklists and side work. Sets up, stocks and breaks down pool deck and restaurant for service daily. Completes all assigned cleaning duties.
* Complies with direction and instruction from the management team.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs and be on your feet for up to eight hours a day.
* Ability to bend and reach above head holding up to 10 pounds frequently
* Minimum 1-2 years bartending and serving experience, high volume & pool/casual environment preferred.
* Must have full knowledge of menus, liquor, beer, cocktails and any other pertinent information.
* Must have strong communication skills speaking with enthusiasm, and comfortable talking and interacting with guests in a pool environment.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have problem solving abilities, be self motivated and organized.
* Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
* Must have an unexpired Food Handlers Certification.
* Must have full knowledge of the floor plan, table numbers, and labeling system as outlined in training.
* Must be able to work under moderate supervision.
* Must be flexible with schedules including weekends and holidays.
* Must be familiar with a service bar atmosphere combination with bar..
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links:
EEOC is the Law Poster - https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
The following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement-