Analyst, Incident Response 3 at KLA-Tencor
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milpitas, California
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
The Legal Compliance Organization (LCO) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA provides legal guidance to further KLA-Tencor s strategic objectives and protect and preserve the legal, ethical and financial integrity and reputation of the Company. With specific expertise in the areas of corporate law, commercial law, employment law, and intellectual property; the LCO offers strategic legal counsel that is informed by a clear understanding of the company s business objectives and expertise in the laws and regulations relevant to the business worldwide.
The InfoSec Security Analyst (Data Loss Prevention) will work as an integral component of the company s information security program. The incumbent will focus on Data Loss Prevention and is responsible for developing processes, thresholds, rule creating, use cases and escalation paths for data loss events. The candidate will be accountable for establishing consensus with stakeholders to reduce cyber risks while minimizing broader operational impact. This role will interface with multiple stakeholders within the security and access organizations as well as business, compliance, legal and human resource partners.
* Analyze data loss rules and alerts using existing toolsets to reduce false positives and to protect sensitive data.
* Provide input to IT DLP team to tune data loss prevention platforms to ensure optimal coverage, thresholds, and workflows
* Respond to DLP escalations from the security operations team
* Create data prevention use cases for the Information Security Council
* Work with appropriate business operating units to understand normal business practices for communicating sensitive data and tailor management response requirements accordingly
* Innovate to build upon data loss prevention foundation and begin working across the security organization to begin development of an insider threat behavioral analysis capability
* Develop an insider threat behavioral analysis capability using existing and new data protection platforms
* Recommend improvement to the data protection toolsets
* Develop requirements for escalation and logging in order to baseline data loss risk across the regions
* Implement a process to support stakeholder interactions such that sensitive data is only transmitted with transparency and accountability through a defined process
* May serve as Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for DLP suites.
* Deep understanding of data loss prevention technologies covering data at rest, data in use, and data in motion.
* Ability to prioritize response activities based on intake queues and SLAs.
* Ability to work across varying levels of technical competency in order to accurately communicate risk and mitigation activities.
* Experience using Data Loss Prevention technologies (network and endpoint).
* Strong Experience with unstructured data, file share and policy-based email encryption.
* Understanding of behavioral analysis and anomaly hunting tactics.
* Familiarity with building alerting, correlation and monitoring use cases within common log management suites.
* Familiarization with case management and orchestration tools.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.