Sales Manager - Sterling, VA ( remote) at Clipper Magazine
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mountville, Pennsylvania
BUILD your career with an organization that is a leader in national advertising focused on local flavor. As part of our team, you will help our clients reach more than 211 million homes each year with the best deals available.
LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports community involvement and delivers hope to missing children and their families across the nation through its involvement in the Have You Seen Me?® Program.
CREATE our future by delivering highly relevant, useful and smart content - when and how people need it - to make the best decisions possible in navigating their local community.
Sales Managers should have a proven record of personal selling success, outstanding leadership and team development ability, motivational and problem-solving skills, as well as entrepreneurial spirit.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Is accountable for supporting, motivating, and managing the sales activities of assigned Multimedia Solutions Representative(s) to achieve their individual sales goals in addition to personal sales criteria
- Provides coaching, training, development of strategies, and other sales management techniques to Multimedia Solutions Representatives with sales calls, cold calling, negotiating, and closing contracts
- Provides outstanding customer service to existing and prospective clients to retain, renew, and build long-term client relationships
- Contributes to the growth, profitability, and success of the market by achieving assigned objectives (i.e. revenue, book size, rate and new customer goals) while maintaining and meeting all publication deadlines and requirements
- Leads local sales meetings to ensure effective communications about company process and changes. Participates in and may lead a portion of broader regional sales meetings as well
- Daily travel in market, regular ride-alongs and 1-on-1’s with reps
- Recruit, select, onboard and train new employees in support of market opportunities
- Monitor staff performance, appraise, plan and review job results
- Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
- Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
- Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
- We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
Education & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in relevant work experience)
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years sales-related experience.
Experience / Skills / Abilities:
- Proven track record of sales success, including consistently attaining minimum sales requirements
- Consistently demonstrates good decision-making ability and the capacity to meet deadlines and work conscientiously within all phases of the production process
- Prior management experience preferred
- Solid team building, coaching and leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills (listening, written and verbal).
- Proficient skills with technology tools, salesforce, Microsoft Office
- 3-5 Sales Representatives
Communication & Contacts (Internal/External):
- Communicates both internally and externally via phone, in person, and email
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Daily travel within market, driving, walking
We are the best local advertising in America with a national reach.
Clipper Magazine is a leading provider of multi-channel, hyper-local advertising and promotional solutions for businesses all over the country. Clipper's distribution includes more than 500 local editions and specialty publications across 29 states, with each issue comprised of money-saving deals and coupons from local merchants as well as great offers from major regional and national businesses. Clipper Magazine's affiliated publications include Mint Magazine®, Local Flavor®, and REACH Magazine, plus numerous specialty publications. Clipper also operates Total Loyalty Solutions - custom apps and advanced loyalty technology solutions for small and medium sized businesses; Spencer Advertising - a full-service advertising agency; and the online deal and coupon site LocalFlavor.com.
Clipper Magazine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator, Mary Claar at .