Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Roswell, Georgia
Job Description: Job Summary:
As the main point of contact to service customer transactions, Branch Operations Specialists are responsible for providing a positive experience that leads to customer satisfaction and product sales. Branch Operations Specialists process transactions accurately and efficiently while simultaneously introducing products and services that meet the customer's needs and encouraging customers to expand their relationship. The Branch Operations Specialist leads the teller function in cross-selling, referrals and new business. The Branch Operations Specialist is responsible for teller zone scheduling and ensuring operational compliance. Demonstrates passion for delighting the customer by living the Customer Covenant every day. The Branch Operations Specialist has a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Regional Operations Manager and will be held accountable for proper compliance with branch operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Creates an industry leading customer service experience by following the Synovus Customer Service Standards. Proactively greets customers per zone requirements to create a connection and develop rapport with customers to provide outstanding, personalized service.
* Demonstrates solid working knowledge of bank products and services. Listens carefully to customers to understand their financial priorities and to recommend products and solutions that will benefit them. Works closely with RMM to develop branch team in compliance and knowledge of company policies.
Sales and production-related job functions:
* Meets or exceeds individual performance goals while supporting the goals of the branch. Drives sales performance from the Teller transactions. Participates in sales and training activities to reach closed referral goals.
* Makes outbound calls to customers in order to discuss their financial needs and recommend products and solutions that would benefit them.
* Actively promotes the bank's products and services by connecting customers through referrals to appropriate departments for specialized services. Performs proactive outreach to customers and prospects during sales campaigns and promotions.
* Serves as the primary sales role in the bank for Synovus Connect products.
* Appropriately utilizes the Sales Management system to capture and track referrals.
* Participates in daily kick-offs/huddles and weekly sales meetings. Champions products as assigned and shares specific product information and sales tips. Ensures proper lobby management to maximize customer service and sales opportunities.
Operations related job functions:
* Knows and follows Branch Operations Standards. Follows business code of conduct, compliance and regulatory guidelines and policies, and PFP updates. Completes compliance and other assigned technical/operations training on time.
* Performs as the IBS Teller Insight Branch Administrator. Updates profiles for users, assigns authority, performs other IBS Teller Insight Administration tasks.
* Understands the banks security policies and procedures, assists in opening and closing procedures and maintaining codes, alarm function, cameras, cash controls and other opening / closing related activities.
* Monitors and maintains established levels of cash in the branch. Determines what needs to be ordered and/or shipped. Supply and verify cash to and from customers, Relationship Specialists, and other branches.
* Appropriately utilizes override authority.
* Leadership job functions (dotted line accountability):
* Ensures Relationship Specialists are properly trained and assimilated into their role. Provides training, coaching and mentoring to RS staff and ensures staff compliance with bank policies and procedures.
* Oversees and assists in scheduling Relationship Specialists in teller zone operations to assure that sufficient staff is available and that customer transactions are processed accurately, efficiently, and courteously. Assigns and reviews the work of RS and offers guidance to in handling complex customer transactions, balancing daily settlements, and meeting customer needs.
* Demonstrates high level of accuracy and efficiency when conducting customer transactions and maintains accurate records of all transactions. Executes various customer transactions including but not limited to: receiving and paying out cash or other disbursements, cashing checks, accepting account deposits and withdrawals, accepting loan and credit card payments, issuing money orders, and Connections cards. Demonstrates the ability to manage complex service issues independently.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
* Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience: One (1) year of Teller experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Demonstrates ability to adhere to professional dress code
* Ability to identify customer financial needs, goals and objectives
* Demonstrated knowledge of bank products, services, policies and procedures
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability and desire to establish rapport with customers
* Demonstrated success in cross-selling , up-selling and making appropriate referrals
* Proven ability to support team activities and provide assistance to team members
* Proficiency in utilizing bank computers, applications and systems
* Careful attention to detail and ability to manage time
* Ability to stand on feet for a long period of time