Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Thank you for your interest in our Chaplain PDM, on call, position. Hours are Sunday through Saturday nights 6p-8am, includes weekends and some holidays. Position may also cover days shifts as needed when regular day shift chaplains are not available, and some Sunday morning shifts to provide non-denominational worship. Most on call shifts are scheduled in advance; however, some shifts could be short notice due to changes in staff schedules.
We look forward to reading your application.
If you are selected we will contact you by email for an interview.
* The primary duty of the PDM Chaplain is to provide spiritual care and support to patients, their families, and hospital staff during critical events such as Code Blue and other Codes, deaths, and other emergency situations.
* At night, on weekends and holidays the PDM Chaplain is contacted by pager when needed.
* The PDM Chaplain replies immediately and will be on-site within 15 minutes.
* PDM Chaplain will provide an estimated time of arrival on-site to house supervisor.
* PDM Chaplain will provide updates to house supervisor regarding arrival time as necessary.
* PDM Chaplain will communicate with and update in-coming chaplain regarding status of previous nights on-call shift at the change of a shift.
* When working the night shift during the week the PDM Chaplain will respond to all critical calls and pass along the non-critical referrals to the next days chaplain. On weekends and holidays the PDM Chaplain will handle referrals at the beginning of the shift, as efficiently and quickly as possible. Referral sources are specific to each site.
* At the request of the Manager the PDM Chaplain works occasionally during the weekday. This time will be either spent on site, with duties the same as a day chaplain, or on the pager, responding only to the critical incidents when paged. It is the managers decision as to which role the PDM chaplain will function.
* It is the chaplains responsibility to assess the situation and determine the amount of time to spend with the patient, or the patients family during a critical incident.
Minimum Required Qualifications
* Masters Degree in Divinity, Theology, Ministry or Pastoral Ministry.
* Four Units Clinical Pastoral Education
* Three to Five years experience as a chaplain in a critical care setting organization.
* Certification in a professional chaplaincy organization within 2 years of hire. Organizations are: NACC, NAJC, CPSP, APC, SCA.
* Experience in bereavement or other related fields.
* Skills in assessing and responding to critical health care incidents.
* Assessments, Worship, and Teaching skills.
* Palliative Care and/or Hospice Training and Experience.
Qualifications CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Lafayette
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities