Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Columbus, Georgia
Job Description: Job Summary:
This position serves as the subject matter expert in the area of retail branch sales and services. Focus is on using a consultative sales approach to proactively identify both consumer and small business customer needs, and to build and deepen relationships by finding customized solutions to meet those needs. Ensures customer needs are met by referring to other line-of-business partners for additional business growth opportunities. Demonstrates passion for delighting the customer by living the Customer Covenant every day.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Creates an industry leading customer service experience by following the Synovus Customer Service Standards.
* Engages customers in needs assessment conversations that transitions to a closing product solution sale. Actively pursues customer and non-customer new business by making proactive phone calls to customers/prospects.
* Creates an excellent customer experience by identifying cross-selling opportunities and refers customers to appropriate line-of-business partners to optimize their financial relationship.
* Proactively works with customers and prospects to maintain a consistent deposit and loan pipeline. Develops referral sources to generate business for the individual and the team.
* Meets or exceeds individual performance sales goals while supporting the goals of the branch.
* Is knowledgeable of bank products and services and is proficient at opening and processing new demand and time deposit accounts including passbook accounts, IRAs, certificates of deposit, and money market accounts. Issues counter checks, performs changes of address, redeems savings bonds, conducts money transfers, provides access to safe deposit boxes, receives loan payments and sells/buys foreign currency. Monitors account files and updates customers upon maturity of fixed, time-based instruments. Follows established policy and procedures ensuring accounts are opened accurately and timely. Performs Teller credit and debit transactions as needed. Follows established policy and procedures resulting in minimal cash outages and cash item losses.
* Interviews consumer and small business loan applicants to identify loan opportunities; processes and closes loans.
* Participates in daily kick-offs/huddles and weekly sales meetings. Champions products as assigned and shares specific product information and sales tips. Achieves 100% usage of sales management tracking system to enter sales, send referrals, track referrals, and monitor activities and goals.
* Knows and follows Branch Operations Standards. Follows business code of conduct, compliance and regulatory guidelines and policies, and PFP updates. Completes compliance and other assigned technical/operations training on time. Completes all product and sales, compliance and other assigned technical/operations training as required
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Achieving Goals: Focuses efforts on results that matter; builds enthusiasm for the organization's goals; demonstrates a passion for producing top quality work; handles high priority tasks with a sense of urgency.
* Communicating: Communicates clearly and effectively in a concise and straightforward manner; adapts communication style to the audience and situation; openly shares information and keeps people updated; listens patiently and asks questions to clarify others' point of view.
* Customer Focus: Demonstrates a passion for exceptional customer service; anticipates and responds to changing customer needs; leads others to deliver outstanding customer service; champions company standards associated with superior customer service.
* Interpersonal Skills: Connects personally and respectfully with others; relates well to all kinds of people, builds appropriate rapport; leverages the knowledge and skills of others.
* Initiative: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; delegates effectively and to the right level; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; self starter to seize opportunities as they arise.
* Job Knowledge: Shares knowledge willingly with others; demonstrates insight into the industry, the market, and competitors; demonstrates a strong work ethic and high performance.
* Time Management: Uses own time effectively; values time; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity; focuses on highest impact issues/activities; respects time of others.
* Adapting to Change: Remains flexible and open to new ways of working; keeps an upbeat attitude, even in challenging or stressful situations; can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience: One (1) year job-related experience, preferably in a banking, sales or customer service environment. May consider relevant college related programs in lieu of job experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Aptitude for consultative selling; prior sales/customer service experience
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability and desire to establish rapport with customers.
* Working knowledge of computers
* Ability to adhere to company dress code
* Certification(s): This position requires successful registration and issuance of a unique identification number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT). Registration must be accomplished within an established timeframe after initial employment and includes a nationwide finger print check.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Consumer lending knowledge
* Working knowledge of bank products and services
Would hire Senior RB or Licensed RB depending on experience.