Lead Relationship Specialist - Roswell at Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Roswell, Georgia
Job Description: Job Summary:
This position serves as the subject matter expert in the area of retail branch sales and services. The position serves to maximize sales and service effectiveness by performing in a triage role, greeting and meeting clients and guiding them to the proper destination that meets their needs. Operates as a multi-functional team member with the ability to process transactions, provide optimum service, and consult in an advisory role to maximize the sales potential of every interaction. Demonstrates proficiency in retail banking products and services including depository, consumer and small business lending, and alternative products and services and to effectively identify prospects for investment and/or insurance opportunities. Assists in coaching, counseling, and developing branch team members. Branch will typically have a minimum of 7 FTEs. Focus is on using a consultative sales approach to proactively identify both consumer and small business customer needs, and to build and deepen relationships by finding customized solutions to meet those needs. Demonstrates passion for delighting the customer by living the Customer Covenant every day.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists Retail Market Manager (RMM) in managing all the functions and team members of the branch. Accountable for the overall branch success, including branch profitability, sales, customer service and support, adhering to operational requirements, and team development.
* Assists RMM in developing and maintaining a quality, diversified loan portfolio, including various types of loan programs: consumer, small business and real estate. Adheres to established loan policies and procedures.
* Inspires the team to model the Synovus brand and values. Works closely with RMM to hire, train, coach and develop branch team in areas such as sales management, customer service, and compliance with company policies. Prepares and reviews quality performance plans for all direct reports.
* Protects the assets of the bank by aggressively managing credit quality and minimizing losses. Reviews risk management reports and coaches team on risk-related and/or quality issues. Maintains prescribed security controls to protect the facility against criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risks of exposure.
* Assists RMM with the coordination and communication of sales, marketing, and product initiatives within the branch.
* Coaches and develops branch team in assessing customer needs and maximizing sales opportunities through direct sales and referrals to business partners within other areas of the company.
* May represent Synovus within the community by actively serving in community organizations, participating in local chamber of commerce and other related leadership activities.
* Assists RMM with establishing short-term department goals to achieve functional area objectives. Implements new policies and procedures.
* Creates an industry leading customer service experience by following the Synovus Customer Service Standards.
* Proactively works with customers and prospects to maintain a consistent deposit and loan pipeline. Develops referral sources to generate business for the individual and the team.
* Meets and exceeds individual performance sales goals while supporting the goals of the branch.
* Professionally greets customers in the lobby, on the teller line, or on the phone. Determines and fulfills client needs while providing an excellent customer experience.
* Provides a differentiated sales dialogue with the client, including mass affluent customers to analyze, develop and make recommendations based on the assessment performed. Meets the desired wants of the customer and correspondingly generates a deeper revenue stream to the organization by selling financial products and services, and cross selling into other banking segments.
* Efficiently and accurately processes service transactions, to include more complex requests and transactions, deposits, check cashing, cash advances, official checks, money orders, night drop deposits, loan payments, check reorders, wire transfers, safe deposit access and performs account maintenance, in accordance with policies and procedures of the bank.
* Able to succinctly transition a client from a service request to a sales conversation, as well as a service request to a demonstrated self-serve or assisted self-serve transaction. Assists and educates customers, as well as other team members, on the use of Synovus self-service and e-channel options including ATM, Online Banking and Mobile Banking.
* Applies past experience and knowledge to solve internal and external customer problems and concerns effectively.
* Opens and processes new depository accounts including checking accounts and savings instruments, as well as orders debit and credit cards, opens online banking and other banking products and services based on customer needs.
* Proficient in advising clients with consumer lending activities with the ability to work through more complex requests, mitigating through challenges. Has the ability to calculate debt to income and loan to value basics. Maintains sound knowledge of credit products, interviewing applicants, identification of appropriate products, taking applications, and closing loan requests.
* Under general supervision, assists leadership with retail business banking loan requests. Maintains understanding of business banking products and loan process, interviews business clients, identifies appropriate products, takes applications and closes loan requests. Has an understanding of credit parameters and is able to calculate debt service ratio basics.
* Demonstrates sound knowledge of the various lines of business within the company such as mortgage, private wealth management, merchant and treasury services and actively seeks opportunities to market bank products and services. Works to build line of business partnerships in an effort to support teamwork, ensuring bank customer needs are met regardless of the customer segment.
* Identifies cross selling opportunities through expert customer profiling, using needs-based assessments, referring customers to other Synovus partners to optimize the customer relationship as appropriate. Efficiently schedules customer and prospect appointments for themselves or leadership either through initial contact, or through follow-up phone calls, e-mails or mailings.
* Successfully conducts outbound phone calls to customers and prospects for relationship expansion, new acquisition and other related activities with consistency. Enthusiastically supports sales campaigns and bank initiatives, working to meet and exceed objectives.
* Responsible for achieving assigned monthly sales goals. Is engaged in branch goals, results and successes working through gaps in an effort to meet established objectives.
* Expected to work toward Series 6 and state insurance license within 12 months of start date. Subsequent to attaining licensing, attain set objectives and production goals as a licensed bank employee (LBE).
* Adheres to operational controls, including legal, corporate and regulatory procedures, to ensure the safety, security, and confidentiality of customer and bank information. Ensures operational soundness and efficiency.
* Performs other duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience: Four (4) years successful sales or customer service experience