Senior Relationship Specialist - Metro Atlanta at Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Description: Job Summary:
Performs as the front line point of contact for new and existing retail branch customers, performing both sales and service functions. The position serves to maximize sales and service effectiveness by performing in a triage role, greeting and meeting clients and guiding them to the proper destination that meets their needs. Operates as a multi-functional team member with the ability to process transactions, including those with complexity, provide optimum service, and consult in an advisory role to maximize the sales potential of every interaction. May handle more elaborate customer requests and transactions. Associate needs to be proficient in retail banking products and services including depository, lending, alternative products and services. Associate may assist branch manager with lobby management, team member training and coaching, sales promotions and various other initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Professionally greets customers in the lobby, on the teller line, or on the phone. Determines and fulfills client needs while providing an excellent customer experience.
* Provides a differentiated sales dialogue with the client, including mass affluent customers to analyze, develop and make recommendations based on the assessment performed. Meets the desired wants of the customer and correspondingly generates a deeper revenue stream to the organization by selling financial products and services, and cross selling into other banking segments.
* Efficiently and accurately processes service transactions, to include more complex requests and transactions, deposits, check cashing, cash advances, official checks, money orders, night drop deposits, loan payments, check reorders, wire transfers, safe deposit access and performs account maintenance, in accordance with policies and procedures of the bank.
* Able to succinctly transition a client from a service request to a sales conversation, as well as a service request to a demonstrated self-serve or assisted self-serve transaction. Assists and educates customers, as well as other team members, on the use of Synovus self-service and e-channel options including ATM, Online Banking and Mobile Banking.
* Applies past experience and knowledge to solve internal and external customer problems and concerns effectively.
* Opens and processes new depository accounts including checking accounts and savings instruments, as well as orders debit and credit cards, opens online banking and other banking products and services based on customer needs.
* Proficient in advising clients with consumer lending activities with the ability to work through more complex requests, mitigating through challenges. Has the ability to calculate debt to income and loan to value basics. Maintains sound knowledge of credit products, interviewing applicants, identification of appropriate products, taking applications, and closing loan requests.
* Under general supervision, assists leadership with retail business banking loan requests. Maintains understanding of business banking products and loan process, interviews business clients, identifies appropriate products, takes applications and closes loan requests. Has an understanding of credit parameters and is able to calculate debt service ratio basics.
* Demonstrates sound knowledge of the various lines of business within the company such as mortgage, private wealth management, merchant and treasury services and actively seeks opportunities to market bank products and services. Works to build line of business partnerships in an effort to support teamwork, ensuring bank customer needs are met regardless of the customer segment.
* Identifies cross selling opportunities through expert customer profiling, using needs-based assessments, referring customers to other Synovus partners to optimize the customer relationship as appropriate. Efficiently schedules customer and prospect appointments for themselves or leadership either through initial contact, or through follow-up phone calls, e-mails or mailings.
* Successfully conducts outbound phone calls to customers and prospects for relationship expansion, new acquisition and other related activities with consistency. Enthusiastically supports sales campaigns and bank initiatives, working to meet and exceed objectives.
* Responsible for achieving assigned monthly sales goals. Is engaged in branch goals, results and successes working through gaps in an effort to meet established objectives.
* Expected to work toward Series 6 and state insurance license within 12 months of start date. Subsequent to attaining licensing, attain set objectives and production goals as a licensed bank employee (LBE).
* Adheres to operational controls, including legal, corporate and regulatory procedures, to ensure the safety, security, and confidentiality of customer and bank information. Ensures operational soundness and efficiency.
* May assist manager with lobby management, training, coaching and developing branch staff. Actively engaged and supportive of a motivated, sales and service-focused branch environment.
* May assist in coordinating and leading branch and company promotions, campaigns, product sales and development initiatives.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Achieving Goals: Focuses efforts on results that matter; builds enthusiasm for the organization's goals; demonstrates a passion for producing top quality work; handles high priority tasks with a sense of urgency.
* Communicating: Communicates clearly and effectively in a concise and straightforward manner; adapts communication style to the audience and situation; openly shares information and keeps people updated; listens patiently and asks questions to clarify others' point of view.
* Customer Focus: Demonstrates a passion for exceptional customer service; anticipates and responds to changing customer needs; leads others to deliver outstanding customer service; champions company standards associated with superior customer service.
* Interpersonal Skills: Connects personally and respectfully with others; relates well to all kinds of people, builds appropriate rapport; leverages the knowledge and skills of others.
* Initiative: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; delegates effectively and to the right level; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; self starter to seize opportunities as they arise.
* Job Knowledge: Shares knowledge willingly with others; demonstrates insight into the industry, the market, and competitors; demonstrates a strong work ethic and high performance.
* Time Management: Uses own time effectively; values time; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity; focuses on highest impact issues/activities; respects time of others.
* Adapting to Change: Remains flexible and open to new ways of working; keeps an upbeat attitude, even in challenging or stressful situations; can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting