Commercial Assistant Sr at Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Douglasville, Georgia
Job Description: Job Summary:
Provides advanced level administrative and operational support to the commercial area of the bank. Will provide customer service at the highest levels to both internal and external customers, which will include performing research and resolving account/customer issues. Works closely with commercial bankers, and provides telephone and in person service to commercial banking customers with the largest and most complex accounts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works closely with commercial bankers to assist with loans by obtaining financial data, drafting letters and agreements, clearing exceptions, and obtaining collateral documentation. Coordinates with CPA's, attorneys, insurance agents, etc. of assigned clients to resolve specific exceptions and transactional issues.
* Coordinates the preparation of required loan documentation via worksheets; reviews loan documentation; coordinates execution of loan documents; coordinates booking of renewal loan documents; clears loan exceptions.
* Responsible for supporting one or more Commercial Bankers with large and complex loan portfolios by assisting in the management of customer relationships involving the most complex accounts by processing transactions, renewing loans, resolving account/customer issues and providing various other administrative support. Performs functions using a variety of banking and lending system applications.
* Serves as first point of contact for commercial customers; primary contact for all customer service issues.
* Reviews all loan documents to insure documentation is approved and in compliance with regulations and company policy; maintains knowledge of current lending policies, procedures and regulations. Attends and completes all necessary training.
* Responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of multiple reports; keeps the commercial banker(s) apprised of any issues/problems that may arise and need attention.
* Utilizes advanced knowledge of banking products and services to identify and refer cross sell opportunities.
* Assists Commercial Bankers manage the deposit relationship and related services, i.e. wires, account set up, NSF management, approvals, signatures, etc . May monitor overdrafts and refer to Commercial Banker for a decision. May assist clients with draws, transfers and loan payments with appropriate authorization.
* May monitor past due reports; coordinates with designated individuals to collect past due principal and interest payments to insure payment. May review past due report monthly and alert Commercial Banker on the status of past dues and any pending issues.
* May orient, train, assign, and review the work of lower level commercial support staff.
* May be responsible for initiation, processing and balancing letters of credit.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
* Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma
Minimum Experience: Six (6) years job specific banking experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* In-depth operational knowledge of loan documentation
* General knowledge of financial statement analysis
* In-depth operational knowledge of treasury services, merchant services, card services, asset based lending, international and domestic letters of credit, and securities, etc.
* Background in planning workflow and holding others accountable for meeting production and deadline expectations
* Ability to balance administrative functions and meet service expectations
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Effective organizational skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Advanced working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Associate's degree