Intermediate Assembler - 2nd shift at Tennant Company
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
Tennant is currently seeking an Intermediate Assembler for 2nd shift working Monday through Friday 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. As an Intermediate Assembler you will function within a team to assemble and manage the production from receiving parts to shipping finished machines
* Performs mechanical assembly of products with complex functions requiring independent judgment which are generally built on work benches, but may be built on lift tables
* Proficient in multiple sub-assembly operations and shorter cycle time main line stations.
* Performs housekeeping and 5S to keep the department clean, safe, and well organized.
* Understands, participates and focuses on continuous improvement activities.
* Troubleshoots and adjusts to build a quality product
* Performs on a minimum of 4 overall stations, with at least two of them on the main line, as well as performs on other lines.
* Build processes are characterized by moderate build times (generally, between 6 to 10 hours). Main line stations can be greater than 90 minutes and sub assembly content will normally exceed 2 hours.
* Process requires a moderate amount of troubleshooting and adjustment to build a quality product. Typically these are known issues that take 15 to 60 minutes to diagnose.
* Maintains company tools and equipment
* Performs in-process quality checks and communicates results
* Follows pre-established guidelines, procedures, plans and priorities as set by the supervisor
* Prioritizes goals and relies on experience and judgment to plan work
* Takes on new activities or special assignments when given
* Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* High School Diploma/GED Equivalent required AND
* Technical Degree within a related field from an accredited institution or 2-5 years of related mechanical assembly experience
* Must be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures within mechanical and electrical assembly
* History of continuous improvement within previous positions
* Related manufacturing experience is preferred
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
* Proficient understanding of mechanical and electrical parts and how they are assembled into product systems
* Ability to proactively recognize, communicate, and elevate issues to leadership to minimize impact to line.
* Ability to navigate and become proficient with Microsoft Windows, Drawing/method layout Locator and Autotime
* Able to meet time standards on all areas of training.
* Ability to effectively overcome issues (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, etc.) commonly found within the assembly processes.
* Ability to train others on known assembly processes.
* Understands the function of the product being built and how their work impacts functional and quality results.
* Ability to recognize bottlenecks and move to point of need to assist others and keep assembly process moving.
* Must successfully pass HEAT training after completion of the course
* Ability to be trained on multiple assembly lines
* Ability to follow detailed work instructions
* Ability to use basic hand tools, torque guns and simple electrical devices
* Ability to work with limited direct supervision
REQUIRED PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Routinely lifts up to 40 pounds individually
* Works in multiple positions during a shift
* Ability to stand for an 8 hour shift
* Routinely and regularly works near moving mechanical parts
* Occasionally exposed to hot conditions
* Occasionally exposed to non-toxic fumes
* Moderate noise level
* Occasionally exposed to oil, grease, gasoline, dust, metal particles and sharp edged materials
* Must be able to wear safety glasses, steel toed shoes and hearing protection
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
* Ability to problem-solve.
* Ability to concentrate on tasks, make decisions and work calmly and effectively in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment.
* Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to a changing work environment.
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation.
* Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information.
* Consistent attendance either onsite or remotely as needed by the business.
* Ability to take direction and accept supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail-oriented, understand when urgency is required and use good judgment in varied situations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.