Sr. R&D Project Engineer - Connected Autonomous Solutions at Nilfisk, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Sr. R&D Project Engineer - Connected Autonomous Solutions
Would you like to revolutionize the professional cleaning industry through technological development* Do you want to create innovative solutions and products within professional cleaning* Come help define the new era of intelligent cleaning by creating the hardware platforms that power our autonomous future!
Nilfisk is a leading global player in the professional cleaning industry. The company is built on more than 110 years of innovation experience, with growth and development in its DNA since its founding. In 2016 Nilfisk launched The Horizon Program, an innovation strategy with an ambition of radically changing how we clean. As a consequence of this program and of the broader business strategy Accelerate, Nilfisk aims for the forefront of technological development. This position directly contributes to that journey.
The Senior R&D Project Engineer Autonomy position is a leader within the new product development team that creates and refines our cleaning equipment to enable autonomous hardware and software integration. You will lead the design team from initial concept generation through production implementation ensuring a rigorous proactive approach based on solid design fundamentals and analysis. A committed team leader with the ability to embrace an evolving technology marketplace will enable you to thrive in this position.
Specifically, the right candidate will demonstrate:
* Team leadership with a high level of engagement
* A hands on mindset backed with strong engineering analysis skills
* Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal
* A firm grasp of the details while maintaining the big picture perspective
* Effective risk identification & management strategies
* Robust planning & organizational skills
* A results oriented approach with execution at the right quality level for success
* Strong decision making & problem solving skills backed, when needed, with an analytical approach to data
* Proficiency in Creo CAD modelling & Windchill data management
* A desire to seek & incorporate design feedback in a proactive manner from across the organization
* Commitment to the fail quickly design approach
* Willingness to support occasional travel
* Acknowledgement that a flexible approach is needed to be at the forefront of technological development
* This position is based in our modern Brooklyn Park, MN facility which includes an on-site test facility, model shop, & production center.
* A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent engineering education) and a minimum of 8 years of experience in a mechanical design environment with at least 2 years in a design leadership role are needed.
It is the policy of Nilfisk not to discriminate any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Nilfisk to take action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.