Quality Engineer I (Seasonal) at NMG Aerospace
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Design, install, and evaluate quality assurance processes, process/product controls, and procedures. Support new product introduction using APQP tools. Conduct training of QA concepts and tools. Interact with customers and suppliers on quality related issues.
Essential Job Functions
* Facilitate problem solving and continuous improvement activities
* Monitor and act on quality indicators
* Develop and maintain process/product controls including process/equipment verification
* Verify internal, supplier, and customer corrective action implementation and effectiveness
* Perform statistical analysis
* Perform internal and supplier quality audits
* Select gauging technique/methods
* Support FMEAs and Control Plan development to minimize process risks
* Support new product introduction using APQP tools
* Perform capability studies and implement improvement plans
* Perform Measurement System Analysis to assure adequate inspection techniques are implemented
* Provide support for Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, companywide.
* Other duties, reporting, special assignments or projects as needed and assigned.
* Experience with Microsoft Office software
* Strong ability to interrupt prints and specifications
* Experience with metrology equipment
* Must be willing to submit to and satisfactorily pass any pre-employment screening required for employment with NMG Aerospace (i.e. drug screen, background check, eye exam, hearing exam, etc.) and any subsequent testing required for the position during employment.
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time.
* The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office or shop floor to access work supplies, tools, machinery, etc.
A technical BS degree is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.