Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Nantucket, Massachusetts
The Nurse Manager NCMG/Specialty Clinics, has primary responsibility for coordinating and implementing nursing care for the Nantucket Cottage Medical Group (NCMG) practices and the Multi-Specialty Physician Clinics. Other responsibilities include assuring competent, compassionate, individualized, nursing care for patients and families provided by the staff, including but not limited to medical assistants, licensed practical nurses, registered nurses, and other allied health staff he/she manages. He/she is accountable for patient safety and quality of care.
In this role, the Nurse Manager collaborates with the Medical Unit Chief and the Practice Director to ensure that team-based care is coordinated, comprehensive, and that care transitions are seamless. As part of this Nantucket Cottage Medical Group triad leadership team, he/she is jointly responsible for operational, fiscal, quality and safety, efficiency and effectiveness of the unit. Additionally, the Nurse Manager provides input into the evaluations of all clinical staff including medical assistants, licensed practical nurses, registered nurses, and nurse practitioners and other allied health staff.
The Nurse Manager reports in a solid line fashion to the Director of Nantucket Cottage Medical Group/Specialty Clinics and dotted line to the NCH Director of Nursing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Management and evaluation of clinical staff, including but not limited to nursing functions (i.e. triage, infection control, and patient education).
* Ensures clinical staff are competent.
* Design, evaluate and monitor practice works to ensure service excellence, operational efficiency, and maximization of the function of all role groups in his/her managerial scope.
* Secures resources for clinical staff.
* Ensures support and resources for regular huddling activities.
* Ensures training and supervision of clinical staff and monitors.
* Ensures the safe administration medications.
* Participates in the interviewing and selection of clinical staff.
* Provides input into the annual performance evaluations for clinical staff and as appropriate, constructively and materially contributes to performance evaluations for other workforce in collaboration.
* Provides corrective action as needed in consultation with HR as indicated.
* Investigates, evaluates and manages NCH SafetyZone reports as appropriate.
* Assures staffing which provides competent, compassionate patient-and-family-centered evidence based nursing care utilizing the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork, and collaboration.
* Ensures the appropriate and timely delivery of patient care and/or delegation of appropriate care and treatment to the patient.
* Regularly reviews staff clinical documentation to ensure quality and timeliness of completion.
* Empowers staff to manage their professional lives, address conflict and participate in the work environment.
* Demonstrates and mentors behaviors of respect and support for patient and family cultural beliefs and values, individual needs, health goals and treatment preferences.
* Collaborates with all members of the health care team to ensure coordination of care.
* Reviews and follow-ups with members of the health care team, that patients have received the necessary care.
* In collaboration with the health care team, evaluates effectiveness of care and interventions for assigned group of patients.
* Assist with the design and implementation of a communication system with members of the health care team.
* Actively engaged in creating a healthy, safe, respectful work environment.
* Provides leadership in the practice to ensure safe, efficient and cost-effective care.
* Maximize the role of all staff, including mentoring staff to ensure success, effectiveness and efficiencies.
* Regularly reviews, designs & proposes, implements and evaluates unit and broader hospital practice clinical protocols and guidelines, including but not limited to unit and staff performance, quality and operational measures in collaboration with triad leadership peers.
* Actively evaluates cultural sensitivity and manages issues related to inclusivity within staff, the department and/or with patients.
* Identifies opportunities, and solutions, to ensure a safe, efficient and cost-effective practice environment.
* Demonstrates and maintains compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Guides patient-centered medical home related activities.
* Participates in quality and safety initiatives.
* Participates in operational, capital and other NCH (e.g. shared staffing, models and pharmacy) budget development process, including but not limited to status in relation to goals/variances, productivity measures, expense reductions, and efficiencies.
* Generates innovative ideas to improve care delivery and work flow in the practice environment. Participates and/or leads committees to improve practice performance.
* Precepts and mentors new members of the clinical team and emerging leaders.
* Holds regular staff meetings.
* Leads, spreads and sustains regular performance improvement activities.
* Professional Development
* Maintains and updates clinical knowledge and skills based on current nursing and nursing management practice.
* Adheres to departmental requirements for required training.
* Identifies specific learning needs and goals and collaborates with unit leadership in developing a plan to meet them.
* Identifies and facilitates learning opportunities for her/him and staff.
* Participate in committees to develop new skills.
* Regularly participates in leadership development activities.
* BLS Certification required
* Clinical and leadership competencies
* Inter-professional collaboration
* Organizational (executive function) skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to rapidly make sound decisions with uncertain information
* Ability to analyze, interpret and present information
* Demonstrated ability to teach and develop others.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS:
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required.
* Certification in Ambulatory Nursing preferred.
* Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
* Masters degree preferred.
Previous experience in ambulatory care physician practices
Patient Centered Medical Home experience preferred
Previous experience as a supervisor, coordinator, or manager experience precepting new nurses or emerging leaders preferred.
May oversee the performance and development of medical assistants, licensed practical nurses, registered nurses, and any other staff as defined by the unit and within the nurse managers scope of function.
Assist with the development of an annual budget with focus on direct and indirect reports, supplies and medications.
KEY MANAGERIAL BEHAVIORAL ATTRIBUTES:
* Holds self and staff accountable for meeting objectives and commitments and adhering to standards even in the face of unforeseen circumstances
* Organizes, prioritizes and coordinates time and resources to improve efficiency
* Demonstrates initiative, recognizing and embracing opportunities for improvement
* Plans and prioritizes best method for accomplishing short and long-term goals
RELATIONSHIP BUILDING & TEAMWORK
* Fosters interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships within unit(s) or areas of responsibility
* Participates in interdisciplinary committees within the hospital that focus on patient care issues