Server / Storage Hardware Repair Field Engineer at Unisys
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Server and Storage Hardware Field Service Engineer
location: Milwaukee, WI
Position Overview :
The foundation of Unisys is our core values. We are an organization of highest integrity & excellence. Our mission is to provide the best experience for both our clients and our employees while providing forward-thinking technology solutions.
As is the world's leader in Server, Network, Storage, and Data Center Service Field Engineering, Unisys provides all the field service high-end equipment brands like Dell, HP, IBM and many others. This is an opportunity to leverage all of your accumulated knowledge to further advance your career. Unisys Engineers go through extensive and ongoing training for the latest technologies, tools, and techniques.
We invest heavily in our people and we are hiring in all major cities across the country. We look forward to learning about you as well as learning from you!
Responsibilities (This is most of what you'll do!) :
* Respond to technical service hardware repair requests on enterprise-level servers, storage sub-systems and drives and networking devices at client locations in the area.
* Resolve clients' questions or problems in the areas of system configurations, product functionality and technical troubleshooting.
* Serve as primary support liaison between company and customer.
* Performs installs, moves, adds and changes as required
* Installs and maintains enterprise servers, mainframe, high-end networking and complex product configurations, servers, storage-subsystems and drives
* Takes responsibility for additional follow-up, testing and troubleshooting services or problem escalation.
* Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor and dress.
* Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction throughout the service delivery transaction.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications :
* 2 to 20+ years of experience in a field service support role deploying and supporting server and storage systems such as Dell, HP or IBM servers, Cisco networking, and Hitachi or EMC storage arrays.
* A+, HP, Cisco, Dell and EMC certifications are highly desired.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair enterprise-level software and hardware issues. Excellent problem solving skills where problems may be complex or hard to diagnose.
* Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with internal and external customers
* High school diploma or GED required
* Must have valid driver's license and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance (required)
* Must be available for after-hours on-call rotation
* Background investigation and drug screen required
Unisys is a global information technology ('IT') company. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. We specialize in providing integrated, leading-edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Our offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solution and high-end server technology. We have more than 20,000 associates serving clients around the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com .
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans. img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://unisys.contacthr.com/63057078.jpg /