ASG Asst. III at University of California - Los Angeles
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, California
ASG Asst. III
$22.62 - $32.41 hourly
1000-PHYSICS & ASTRONOMY
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement:
Under the supervision of the Administrative Support Group Supervisor, provide a full range of administrative and clerical support to the Condensed Matter Physics and Nuclear Physics faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Manage the day-to-day administrative functions of the Condensed Matter Physics and Nuclear Physics areas by setting up organization of office work flow, maintaining filing and communication systems, and ordering and monitoring equipment and supplies. Manage the use of office space for Condensed Matter Physics and Nuclear Physics area members and visitors. Schedule conference rooms for meetings and maintain common areas. Prepare paperwork to process orders and expense reimbursements. Make travel arrangements and process travel reimbursements in accordance with University policy. Assist with planning and logistics for seminars, meetings, workshops, and conferences. Handle sensitive correspondence, and prepare course materials and other printed or electronic communications.
As a member of the Administrative Support Group (ASG) and under the general direction of the ASG Supervisor, provide additional administrative and clerical support for the UCLA Physics and Astronomy Department as needed. Provide support to ASG by cross-training, acting as back-up during absences and taking on special projects as assigned by ASG Supervisor or Department CAO. Incumbent will be responsible for handling high-level and sensitive information with discretion.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. One year of work experience in college or university environment.
2. Demonstrated self-management skills to assume, prioritize, and complete tasks independently and effectively with minimal direction and supervision.
3. Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
4. Proven ability to be productive and perform job functions in an environment characterized by deadlines and frequent interruptions and distractions.
5. Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with peers, supervisor, faculty, students, staff, vendors, and visitors.
6. Excellent communication skills with persons of various cultural and educational backgrounds.
7. Excellent telephone skills in placing, accepting and routing telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner.
8. Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate policies, forms, directions, rules, etc. to individuals and groups as needed.
9. Demonstrated skill in making travel arrangements including knowledge of reservation techniques, car rental procedures, and time change and currency conversion.
10. Knowledge of designing and implementing workshops and conferences involving U.S. and foreign scholars.
11. Organizational skills to establish and maintain filing systems as necessary for papers, reports, account information, manuals, etc.
12. Skill in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct business correspondence.
13. Be available to attend meetings and take minutes. Ability to clearly convey in writing the salient points of discussions, administrative votes, etc.
14. Ability to edit manuscripts, publication drafts, reports, correspondence, etc., correcting for accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation.
15. Working knowledge of appropriate computer software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat to create general correspondence, financial reports, tables, text files, manuscripts with scientific symbols, slide presentations, illustrations, and event flyers. Willingness to learn new software systems.
16. Ability to operate general office equipment such as computers, scanners, copy machines and fax machines.
17. Background in Physical Sciences.
18. Bachelor degree or college course work.
19. Demonstrated knowledge of University policies and procedures relating to travel, check requests and purchasing.
20. Knowledge of using Microsoft Word, Equation Editor, or MathType to type scientific equations, including Greek symbols.
21. Skill in using multimedia applications, such as HTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. to prepare work for print or internet.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
CX-Clerical & Allied Services
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information This position does not require E-Verify check.
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* No
Other Special Employment Requirements:
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Return to Search Results
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Please be advised that the final candidate recommended for hire into a critical (or otherwise designated) position will be required to successfully complete a background investigation. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
UCLA is a Tobacco-Free environment. For more information, please view the policy at Tobacco-Free Campus Policy https://ccle.ucla.edu/course/view/UCLA_tobacco_free_task_force