Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, California
STUDENT AFFAIRS OFFICER I
Student Affairs Advisor
$20.89 - $41.37 hourly
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement:
The mission of Honors Programs at UCLA is to provide an exceptional educational experience to a diverse group of high-achieving students in an environment that nurtures the growth of the student academically, socially, emotionally, and intellectually.
Under the general supervision of the Administrative Analyst-Supervisor of the Honors Programs office, the temporary Student Affairs Advisor (SAA) provides advice and information about Honors Programs and its offerings to undergraduate students and various other populations inside and outside the university, in person and via electronic & non-electronic channels. Responds to academic policy & regulation queries and assists students in procedural matters such as the filing of petitions, booking appointments with Honors counselors, and consulting other campus units for desired student services. Assists in the Student Affairs Advisors team's programs and group projects such as College Honors Admissions for the Traditional Cohort, the College Honors Continuing Student Workshops, the Honors Collegium, the Honors Scholarships, and the Honors Summer Research Stipends. Participates actively in all Honors events, engagements, and new projects and committees in line with UCLA Honors Programs' revitalized mission.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Administrative Analyst-Supervisor and the Assistant Vice Provost/Director of Honors.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. Ability to communicate policies and procedures effectively in person and over telephone and via email.
2. Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with clients from different backgrounds.
3. Ability to compose, prepare, and type clear and accurate correspondence and reports for students, staff, and faculty.
4. Ability to prioritize job assignments.
5. Demonstrated skill in organizing people, information, and projects.
6. Ability to perform and complete detail-oriented work accurately.
7. Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
8. Skill in performing a variety of duties with frequent interruptions and conflicting deadline and priorities.
9. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, faculty, staff, and students.
10. Ability to assess programs, make recommendations, and implement improvements.
11. Working knowledge of UCLA College, Honors Programs, and University policies and procedures.
12. Ability to conduct public presentations.
13. Ability to speak one-to-one and to groups using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and convey information accurately.
14. Skill in using standard office applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet. Adaptability regarding the use of office internal software and web-based applications.
15. Working knowledge of and experience using University online systems (OASIS; Student Record System).
16. Supervisory skills to hire, train, develop, and evaluate performance of student workers and volunteer staff to elicit high degree of professionalism and performance.
17. Ability to use discretion, sound judgment and tact in dealing with confidential materials and information.
18. Skill in speaking with persons of various cultural, social economic and educational backgrounds.
19. Must be able to maintain a regular schedule and on-time attendance. Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
The target salary for this position is $20.89 hourly.
This is a one-year contract position, which may be extended an additional year subject to funding and programmatic needs.
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information This position does not require E-Verify check.
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* Yes - Please have the employee sign the "Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse".
Other Special Employment Requirements:
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Return to Search Results
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Please be advised that the final candidate recommended for hire into a critical (or otherwise designated) position will be required to successfully complete a background investigation. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
UCLA is a Tobacco-Free environment. For more information, please view the policy at Tobacco-Free Campus Policy https://ccle.ucla.edu/course/view/UCLA_tobacco_free_task_force