Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Job Code: 00035-41621
SEE WHY OUR EMPLOYEES LOVE WORKING AT CHIPPENHAM HOSPITAL
As one of the largest facilities in the nation s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
POST-OP SURGICAL UNIT
* 30 Private Rooms, Newly renovated unit
* 12 rooms dedicated to Elective Total Joint Replacement
* Patients range from ortho trauma, surgical trauma, general surgery elective, post-op urological surgery and elective total joint replacement surgery
* Fast paced, short length of stay unit
* Joint Commission Total Knee Certification
* Joint Commission Total Hip Certification
* Multicultural staff with diverse patient population
* Flexible scheduling with unlimited learning opportunities
* Invested management team supportive of individual career development
At the direction of the MNTU Director, the Nurse Manager Supervises departmental personnel in a manner that enables them to achieve their potential as members of an effective team. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manages all direct and indirect nursing care given to the patients within the department to ensure optimal patient care.
* Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, with all members of the healthcare team, customers and key stakeholders.
* Contributes to development, implementation and monitoring of operational and capital budgets to ensure sound fiscal management of the department. Manages departmental supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner.
* Assists the Director in the continual assessment and improvement of the department's performance through monitoring and advancement of nursing quality and patient safety. Compiles and analyzes data in a systematic method that effectively identifies opportunities and measures improvement.
* Serves as a professional role model for the Nursing Team.
* Pursues own professional growth through continuing education, participation in a professional organization and in-services.
* Actively participates in Hospital and community activities to promote the role of the professional nurse to recruit and retain staff as well as market organizational services.
* Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
* BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
* Current Registered Nurse License in this state (required)
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
* Two (2) years current nursing experience (required)
* Experience in a leadership position with demonstrated leadership ability with the skills to educate others (preferred)
Check Us Out and LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.