CV Technician III Registered (CVT), Mixed Shift at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
Job Code: 01512-18900
Mixed (rotating weekends)
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is required to assist with procedures in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab to include the delivery of non-narcotic medications to Cath Lab, and Cath Lab medical staff and licensed staff during procedures. This is accomplished as a non- interruptive single task from one point to the other. The CVT will assist in operating and troubleshooting of general equipment, scrubbing, procedural hemodynamic monitoring, and positioning patients. The CVT will also be responsible for charging supplies and cases after each procedure is completed. The CVT performs in collaboration with other members of the health care delivery team to deliver quality patient care. This position is also cross-trained to assist in EP Lab, Heart Recovery, non-invasive procedures to include EKG and Stress testing. Core Competencies will be assessed in accordance to the units' specific patient population served.
1. Operates radiographic equipment, and digital equipment.
2. Prepares or assists with patient preparation, provides instruction to patient, assists with transportation of patients.
3. Assists in procedures in capacity of scrub tech, monitoring tech or radiologic technologist.
4. Functions in all aspects of the Cardiac Cath Lab, with the exception of medication administration.
5. Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are maintained.
6. Prepares equipment at the start of each day, assures quality controls are performed on equipment.
7. Assures Radiation Safety during procedures, assures staff are wearing monitoring badges and protective equipment.
8. Assists with code arrest situations during procedures, including CPR and defibrillation.
9. Assists Director with PI data collection and report generation.
10. Assists in EP Lab, Heart Recovery, non-invasive procedures to include EKG and Stress testing.
11. Maintains department equipment, orders inventory for invasive and non-invasive areas, assures charges are completed each day and ensures daily departmental pharmaceutical needs are met.
12. Participates in Standby and On Call. Provides coverage for care of the patients in Non-invasive stress testing and the Interventional Unit on a rotational and/or as needed basis.
13. Maintains professional development and license requirements.
14. Other duties as assigned.
* Must have one of the following;
* Registry in Radiologic Technologists
* RCIS or RCVT certification
* Minimum of 2 years recent cath lab experience
* Basic Cardiac Life Support
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months of hire date.
* RCIS certification within 2 years of hire date.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
1. Graduate of an Accredited Cardiovascular technology college.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.