Financial Analyst at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Job Code: 20788-68530
Physician Services Group (PSG) is a part of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) the world s largest for-profit healthcare provider. Our mission at PSG is to practice the best medicine, produce superior patient experiences, achieve operational excellence and collaborate with other health care partners, so that the communities we serve reap the benefits of high-quality, cost-effective care. With over 14,000 employees nationwide, the medical teams at PSG support over 1000+ physician practices and have over 12 million patient encounters annually.
Career opportunities are extensive for top talent. PSG has a dedicated training team who provide not only the latest in industry updates, but work with financial leadership to help each team member progress and prosper. The HCA organization as a whole has many accounting and finance opportunities throughout the country and many of today s leaders got their start within the Physician Services Group.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of work papers and analyses to report practice operations, review performance benchmarks and assists in business forecasting. They may also assist in training financial personnel.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include are are not limited to:
* Prepare projections and account reconciliations as required to accurately report/ forecast operational performance.
* Prepare monthly reports for corporate data submissions and compile information to evaluate performance in relation to benchmarks.
* Prepare detailed monthly actual to budget variance reports to support practice management.
* Assist in training of new/existing financial staff as needed.
* Assist practice management, as needed with financial information requests and questions.
* Participate in development and detailed review of operation budgets and performance benchmarks.
* Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
* Maintain strictest confidentiality to ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure.
* Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices sufficient to identify and describe accounting systems and sub-systems.
* Knowledge of the financial accounting process.
* Knowledge of research techniques to analyze and evaluate financial data and information.
* Knowledge of accounting information systems.
* Proficiency with PC-based spreadsheet and word processing programs.
* Effective organizational skills.
* Ability to analyze financial reports.
* Ability to prepare statistical and narrative accounting reports.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
* Ability to work well with others.
* Ability to organize work independently and consistently achieve reporting deadlines.
* Ability to interact with other individuals at all levels of management.
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field as required.
* Additional related experience would be considered in lieu of a completed degree program.
* Two years of progressive accounting experience is highly preferred.
* Experience in a physician practice management or healthcare-related environment is highly preferred.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.