Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
Job Code: 01512-18896
Evenings (rotating weekends)
Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision, makes preparation, operates equipment and assists radiologist perform arteriograms and other special procedures; performs routine radiological procedures and other duties as assigned.
Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one, and to put forth the utmost quality as a Special Procedures Technologist. Performs examinations on patients of various ages from pediatric to geriatric.
1. Selects and operates equipment, selecting proper technical factors on an individual patient basis, selects proper film size or given exam. Ensures proper identification and collimation, using appropriate markers, prints film as required.
2. May assist in the use of a variety of equipment or procedure not routinely taught.
3. Handles equipment in a responsible, professional manner.
4. Transfers and properly position patients for examinations in order to obtain desired radiographic results according to physician specifications. Provides immobilization as required and protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
5. Assists physician during angiographic procedures, working with specialized equipment. Assists physicians in performance of examinations by mixing and pouring contrast media, administering opaque media, holding and turning patients, assisting in sterile procedures.
6. Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and behaviors appropriately.
7. Receives verbal orders for examination from a responsible practitioner in keeping with their state license.
8. Adheres to prescribed standards for Radiation Safety. Participates in Quality Improvement and Safety Programs.
9. Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include; pulling jackets, inputting/editing exams, and completion of requisition prior to setting study to be read.
10. Takes advantage of opportunities for continuing education as provided by the department or seminars available for the various specialties, cross-training in specialized areas.
11. Ensures appropriate recording of hours worked, adhering to hospital policy.
12. Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical demands require performing all essential functions of this position as assigned. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, back support belts, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
High School Graduate or equivalent required.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Texas Department of Health MRT certification required.
ARRT registered or registry eligible preferred.
Current BCLS certification required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Must be able to demonstrate skills in 2 special areas in addition to routine radiography and be able to cover call for those skills required.
Possess skill in 1 or additional areas and be assigned the majority of scheduled hours in that area required.
Successful completion of an ARCRT or ARRT examination with a current license to practice radiographic technology required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary and to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date.
Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients.
Ability to examine radiographs for the purpose of evaluating techniques, positions, and other related qualities;
Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement with patients during radiographic procedures;
Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired radiographic image.
Ability to help patients from bed or stretchers utilizing proper body mechanics. Have to stand for long periods of time.
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.