Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Plano, Texas
Job Code: 00058-99003
Medical City Plano
Trauma Registrar / Coding Specialist / Medical Billing Specialist / HCC Coder / HIM / Coding Technician / Biller / Coder
The Trauma Registrar / Coding Specialist / Medical Billing Specialist / HCC Coder / HIM / Coding Technician / Biller / Coder will assist with the coordination and data tracking of the trauma patient s care throughout the hospital.
* Identifies all patient cases that meet criteria for inclusion in the trauma registry database
* Reviews medical records in detail to obtain required elements needed for trauma registry reporting
* Consults with physicians or other clinical staff as needed for the assistance with acquiring trauma case reporting information
* Reports and/or transmits hospital data in a timely and complete manner as required by Texas Department of Health and Human Services (State Registry) and the American College of Surgeons (National Trauma Data Bank)
* Retrieves and analyzes registry data and disseminates trauma information and reports as requested
* Ensure system is in place to monitor validity of data abstraction and entry
* Works closely with Trauma Services Director, Trauma Medical Director, and Trauma Coordinators, hospital staff members, and physicians to maintain trauma designation status
Participates in the development of trauma care systems at the community, state, and/or national level as needed
* College degree preferred
* Minimum of three years of Trauma Registry experience
* Minimum of one to three years of ICD 10 diagnosis and procedure coding
* Strong knowledge of medical terminology
* Trauma Registry Certification (CSTR) and/or Certification in AIS coding (CAISS) preferred
* No responsibility to treat or care for patients
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.