Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Houston, Texas
Job Code: 00417-92654
WEST HOUSTON MEDICAL CENTER HOUSTON, TX
WEST HOUSTON MEDICAL CENTER offers outstanding inpatient and outpatient healthcare services close to your home in west Houston. Built in 1985, our 278-bed acute care hospital is located on Richmond Avenue just east of Dairy Ashford. WEST HOUSTON MEDICAL CENTER boasts a team of more than 1,000 people, including 500 physicians, who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our staff includes people from 33 countries and 39 states, a diversity which helps us relate to our equally diverse community.
WEST HOUSTON MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for a PHLEBOTOMIST.
* Under the general supervision of the Director of Laboratory Services, the Phlebotomist is responsible for collecting blood samples and obtaining other specimens for ordered diagnostic studies. Performs clerical functions such as charting and filing reports.
* Utilizes specialized knowledge and skills in the collection of laboratory samples and general duties.
* Transports specimens to the Laboratory in a timely manner using appropriate precautions.
* Knowledgeable of computer functions and is able to add or cancel a test, receive specimens, print labels etc. Is able to find specimen requirements or send-out information in the system.
* Carries Spectra link phone all the time during working hours. Answers Spectra link phone in a timely manner. If receives phone call while drawing a patient, calls back the person after finished drawing the patient.
* Prints outstanding reports regularly during the shift and at the end of each shift. Determines if a specimen was missed and arranges for the drawing of the specimen.
* Maintains adequate inventory and put away supplies.
* Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to collect specimens from patients serviced in relation to growth and development over the life span to identify their requirements relative to age-specific needs.
* Proficient in techniques for obtaining blood from hard to stick patients, new born babies and obtaining samples with special requirements
* Communicates effectively with patients, physicians, personnel, and other personnel in the hospital to fulfill position responsibilities.
* Completes other activities as assigned.
* Previous experience as phlebotomist..
* Phlebotomist (ASCP) certification preferred
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.