Registered Nurse (RN) Nurse Navigator Oncology / GI at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Job Code: 25086-8489
WE STAND BY YOU.
Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center, a 222-bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital, a 138-bed hospital located in west Marion County, and Summerfield ER, a freestanding emergency department located in southern Marion County. Ocala Health has the only Commission on Cancer approved cancer center in Marion County. The hospitals offer a host of other quality and award winning services including bariatric surgery, orthopedic care and joint replacement, robotic surgery, cardiac and vascular services including open heart surgery and interventional procedures, emergency, neurological and rehabilitation services. Ocala Regional Medical Center is also a Level II Trauma Center. Ocala Health s outpatient facilities include Family Care Specialists, a primary care network of six locations throughout Marion County; Advanced Imaging Centers with two locations; a freestanding Wound and Hyperbaric Center; a Senior Wellness Community Center; and two surgical and physician specialty practices.
The Oncology GI Nurse Navigator functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team and serves as an advocate and educator for cancer patients, from diagnosis through end of active treatment.
The Adult Oncology Nurse Navigator s primary function is to ensure the patient remains compliant to the treatment plan. Navigators achieve this goal by building relationships with patients and physicians, coordinating the plan of care, assisting with appointments, transportation needs, education, resource provision and/or representation within the multidisciplinary care environment. The Navigator also assumes responsibility and accountability for the management of resources to achieve efficient, high-quality outcomes for cancer patients, including support with interdisciplinary and cross-facility coverage and collaboration.
The Navigator will serve as a liaison between the patient and family, all physicians involved in that patient s care, internal and external healthcare providers, support network members, and the wider healthcare community.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Tenacity, self-motivation and initiative necessary to drive the navigation program
* Demonstrates behaviors of a team player
* Adaptable to the changing needs of the patient, team, and work environment
* Ability to advocate for the patient and champion excellence in the provision of care
* Attend Multi-Disciplinary Meetings and advocate for patient needs
* Participate in national oncology nursing organizations and programs
* Ability to comprehensively assess patient/family psychosocial and care needs
* Understanding of GI Oncology or basic oncology including GI cancers
* Ability to effectively and efficiently track the care delivery process for each patient with the attention to detail to identify where intervention is required
* Ability to think critically
* Ability to collaborate with physician offices for appointment scheduling and attendance
* Ability to self-direct, including prioritization of multiple simultaneous tasks
* Ability to empathetically, openly and supportively communicate both verbally and in written media
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
* Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural needs
* Ability to seek regular input in order to build/foster strong self-awareness
Type of Experience-
* Minimum 1-3 years of registered nursing experience
* Basic Cardiac Life Support
* Active Registered Nurse License
Type of Experience-
* Experience in program development
* Experience as a nurse navigator and/or patient educator in oncology
* Experience in leadership
* Experience in customer service
* 1-5 years oncology nursing experience
* 1-5 years gastrointestinal nursing experience
* Current OCN or in process
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Associate s degree in nursing REQUIRED, Bachelor s degree in nursing preferred.
* State of Florida Registered Nurse (RN) license REQUIRED.
* BLS REQUIRED.
* Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) certification or in progress.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Last Edited: 06/13/2018