Patient Care Tech at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Job Code: 08580-85928
HCA has been recognized as a WORLD S MOST ADMIRED COMPANY in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by FORTUNE MAGAZINE. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO NIGHTS, NO WEEKENDS, OR ON-CALL will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
* Assist in the transfer, positioning, and transport of patients.
* Assists with turning over operating rooms between cases
* Performs terminal cleaning of surgical area.
* Maintains sufficient supply levels and orderliness of all equipment and supplies.
* Assists patients with urinals, bedpans, and emesis basins
* Assist with keeping waiting areas, lobbies, utility rooms, and patient care areas safe and clean for patients, visitors, and staff.
* Assist in monitoring and recording in environmental and equipment log. Answer phones and data entry.
* Uses equipment in safe and effective manner; reporting repairs to appropriate person.
* Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
* Assist in sterile processing, as needed.
* One year patient care assistant, nursing assistant, or environmental services experience in a healthcare setting (preferred).
* Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.