Surgical Technician PRN at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Cartersville, Georgia
Job Code: 08625-7130
CARTERSVILLE MEDICAL CENTER
Nestled among beautiful mountains, the Etowah River, and Lake Allatoona, charming Cartersville, Georgia is the perfect place to call home and only minutes from vibrant Metro Atlanta. Home to Cartersville Medical Center, a growing 119-bed acute care hospital and regional cancer center, you ll love the family-oriented, patient-centered work environment with Healthgrades five-star rated service lines. Explore the history-rich Smithsonian affiliated museums; shop the unique downtown boutiques; play at Lakepoint Sporting Community; float the river in a kayak, canoe or tube; and enjoy the many community events and festivals year-round. Education options include top rated schools with championship athletic programs and Georgia Highlands College, a two-year institution of the University System of Georgia. Live, work and play in Cartersville, while being minutes away from Atlanta and Chattanooga. Visit the metro areas, then come home to Cartersville. Learn more at www.cartersvillemedical.com.
CARTERSVILLE MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for a SURGICAL TECHNICIAN (PRN / AS NEEDED).
* The Surgical Technician (CST), under the supervision of a registered nurse, provides intraoperative technical skills in surgical interventions to the infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient population.
* The ST is responsible for preparing the sterile field with equipment and instruments, utilizing perioperative standards and principles to assure the highest level of sterility and quality outcomes for the surgical patient.
* Promotes cost-effective supply usage.
* Responsible in assisting the RN with planning and implementation of patient care.
* Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of AORN recommended practices and hospital policies/ standards of this facility.
* Utilizes effective communication skills and interacts with others in a courteous manner.
* Participates in performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement.
* Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers, and all other customers.
* Promotes a supportive, teamwork-oriented environment.
* Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of CMC.
* Promotes and maintains patient safety standards.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY TO JOIN THIS GREAT SURGICAL SERVICES TEAM!
* Previous OR experience preferred.
* Graduate of a recognized school for surgical technologists.
* Basic Healthcare Provider (BLS) Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion.
* Competency to assist in endoscopy procedures, ordering supplies, and sterile processing.
* CST certification preferred.
* Must be within 30 minutes of facility when on call.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.