Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Job Code: 00001-66705
TRISTAR CENTENNIAL MEDICAL CENTER NASHVILLE, TN
NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECH
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women s services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center s 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Centennial Women s Hospital, The Children s Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion.
CENTENNIAL MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for a NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECH.
* Performs Nuclear Medicine exams following protocols and in a timely manner, ensuring a high quality of care.
* Receives, calibrates, logs, administers and monitors the decay of radioactive isotopes
* Provides radiation safety support in the event of a radiation incident/spill
* Uses power injector
* Starts IVs for isotope administration
* Takes patient history and retrieves any necessary orders or prior images.
* Provides patient history/signs/symptoms appropriate to the exam to the radiologist
* Appropriately completes documentation
* Coordinates patient flow and checks daily list to ensure all exams are complete.
* Informs patient about procedure and answers questions.
* Interacts and professionally communicates with physicians, patients and family members.
* Contributes to after hour coverage through on-call shift rotations
* Maintains all licenses, certifications and accreditations required as outlined in Job Qualifications
* Daily upkeep of departmental work areas (cleaning, stocking, etc)
* Promotes customer service initiative by adhering to the ICARE values
* Supports and participates in quality (QI) and performance improvement (PI) plans.
* Compliance with quarterly targeted metrics (i.e. Kronos, HealthStream, PACS, etc)
* Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
* Other duties as assigned
* Graduation from an accredited school of Nuclear Medicine
* Current registration as CNMT and/or ARRT-NM or registry eligible with requirement to pass registration within 1 year
* BLS required
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.