Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Job Code: 00035-42581
Mixed (rotating weekends)
SIGN ON BONUSES UP TO $10K OFFERED TO EXPERIENCED REGISTERED NURSES!!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT JOHNSTON-WILLIS HOSPITAL*
HEAR WHAT SOME OF OUR EMPLOYEES HAVE TO SAY ABOUT WHY THEY LOVE WORKING HERE!
At Johnston-Willis we've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care through the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
PROGRESSIVE CARE UNIT:
* 36 bed unit
* Cardiac Monitoring
* Patient population ranges from acute renal failure, congestive heart failure, COPD exacerbation and other acute conditions.
* Overflow for Oncology, Neuro, Med/Surg, Women s Health and others Units
* The strong and committed leadership of the unit has developed a cohesive, friendly and supportive team that operates in a Live Excellence Culture
* New Graduates Nurses are encouraged to join our team and become proficient in their skills
The RN will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values.
* Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
* Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
* Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
* Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
* Evaluate patient s signs and symptoms; and record and report results.
* Set priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
* Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment and assist physician during treatment/examination of patient and process orders.
* Makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on patient condition changes.
* It is expected that the RN will attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited nursing program (required)
* BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
* Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
* 1 year of nursing experience in a hospital setting (preferred)
* Full Time
* Mixed Shifts Available (Days 7a-7p or Nights 7p-7a)
* 12 hours shifts
Check us out and LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Current HCA employees are not eligible for the sign on bonus. But refer a great nurse and you are eligible for the referral bonus!!
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.