Telemetry Monitor Technician PRN WM at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Ocala, Florida
Job Code: 00050-8707
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D Tobacco Free Campus
Ocala Health System, including Ocala Regional Medical Center and West Marion Community Hospital, is the premier health system in Marion County. We offer multiple quality and award winning services including bariatric surgery, orthopedic care, robotic surgery, and cardiovascular and neurological services. Ocala Regional Medical Center is also a level 2 trauma center and teaching hospital. Located in Ocala, the Horse Capital of the world, Ocala Health is a growing system with increasing acuity and dedication to providing quality care to the community.
The Certified Monitor Tech monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
* Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
* Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
* Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent required.
* * BLS through the American Heart Association required upon hire.
* * Previous clerical experience and CMT/cardiac experienced preferred.
* * Previous experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting required.
* * Strong customer service skills required.
* * Familiarity with medical terminology is desired.
* * Computer literacy is required.
* * Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course.
* * Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching,
* squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018