Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room - West ED - Nights at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Job Code: 00323-18759
Nights (rotating weekends)
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services Wesley offers. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and Wesley Woodlawn ER. Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley owns and operates Wesley Woodlawn Hospital, WESLEYCare and Pediatric Center of Kansas.
Wesley is proud to have earned an "A" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score report!
Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for the department-specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
* Delivers patient-centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Center.
* Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements.
* Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice and education.
* Monitors the patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes.
* Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others.
* Collaborates with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care.
* Considers safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care.
* Decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner.
* Participates in the improvement of operational functions of the department.
* Establishes and maintains effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships.
* Evaluates and participates in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accepts responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone.
* Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate competencies to department specific population.
* Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s).
* Secures, administers and handles medication according to established guidelines.
* REQUIRED REGISTRATION, LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION
* Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon hire or after hire pending enrollment in first available course
* Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) upon hire or after hire pending enrollment in first available course
* CTAS upon hire or after hire pending enrollment in first available course
* Dysrythmia upon hire or after hire pending enrollment in first available course
* REQUIRED EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
* PREFERRED EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
* Previous nursing experience
* REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others
* Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
* Possess personal computer skills
* Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
* Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.