Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Job Code: 00323-18776
Nights (rotating weekends)
WESLEY CHILDREN\'S HOSPITAL
Wesley Medical Center provides the widest range of expert pediatric care in the region. Children at Wesley are cared for by more than 50 pediatric specialists and subspecialists using state-of-the-art technology in a family-centered healing environment.
* Delivers patient-centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Center.
* Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements.
* Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice and education.
* Monitors the patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes.
* Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others.
* Collaborates with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care.
* Considers safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care.
* Decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner.
* Participates in the improvement of operational functions of the department.
* Establishes and maintains effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships.
* Evaluates and participates in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accepts responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone.
* Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate competencies to department specific population.
* Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s).
* Secures, administers and handles medication according to established guidelines.
REQUIRED REGISTRATION, LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION
* Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) verification course, as specified in policy
* Trauma Core Course (TNCC) verification course, as specified in policy - required for PICU
PREFERRED REGISTRATION, LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
* Trauma Core Course (TNCC) preferred for Pediatrics
* Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
* Chemotherapy & Biotherapy (ONS) - required if giving chemotherapy
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
PREFERRED EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
* Possess personal computer skills.
* Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
* Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.