Environmental Services Lead at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Falls Church, Virginia
Job Code: 08409-15145
Days (rotating weekends)
Dominion Hospital, the only freestanding mental health care facility in Northern Virginia, leads the region in short-term mental health services for children age 5-12, adolescents age 13-17 and adults age 18 and older, as well as therapeutic programs for eating disorders through our Reflections Eating Disorders Treatment Center
The Environmental Services Lead will assist the Director in the administration of daily operations of the housekeeping department. The Lead will assist in the preparation of the departmental budget and written reports. Responsible for coordinating, training and supervising the work schedules of Environmental Services staff in cleaning, waste removal and project work.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
* Scheduling of staff, assist with coordination of training and education of departmental personnel.
* Maintain quality standards. Responsible for interdepartmental relations. Will attend Infection Control meetings.
* Responsible for collecting, dispersing and tracking completed work requests. Make daily rounds to units and grounds using checklist and report findings to supervisor to determine follow up assignments.
* Supervise usage and maintain clean organized condition of housekeeping equipment. Provide training in correct operation and maintenance to assigned personnel.
* Order clean linen to maintain sufficient inventory levels. Check linen order received against computer printout provided by linen contractor. Ensure quality control on incoming linen and obtain credit for unsatisfactory linen delivery.
* Daily review (to include staff input) of housekeeping personnel cleaning standards. Submit recommendations for improvement in standards, methods and supplies to Director for approval.
* Inspect staff execution of assigned duties and assist with review of individual performance. Pursue and provide information for corrective action as needed.
* Participate in appropriate committee/team meetings.
* Serves as a liaison with vendors and other hospital representatives.
* EVS Lead must be capable of performing any task within the department.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
3 years previous experience in environmental services, housekeeping or related field.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Institutional experience a plus.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.