Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Arlington, Texas
Job Code: 00015-100633
Medical City Arlington
Registered Nurse (RN)
Offering up to $5,000.00 in sign on bonus to qualified candidates.
Medical City Arlington is a 382-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort worth healthcare with nearly 600 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
RN Stroke Coordinator is responsible for the collection of data for disease specific patients with neuroscience diagnoses. The RN Clinical Analyst will maintain the data programs, care tracks and other protocols to ensure the success of the Neuroscience program. This person will also assist with the coordination and care of neuroscience patients while working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to ensure coordination and education of patient care and resource utilization through the use of standards, care tracks and other protocols. Participates in patient education and other clinical care delivery as needed. Assures implementation of the discharge plan. Systematically collects information to identify trends for benchmarking and performance improvement. Assists with hospital and community neuroscience patient education program.
* Coordinates patient care throughout the continuum in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
* Data collection and statistical information will be maintained by this individual.
* Serves as clinical resource person with an expertise in NIH, stroke sign and symptoms, and protocol for patient care management.
* Demonstrates knowledge of clinical procedures, equipment, and policies (Hospital and Departmental) that are necessary for job performance that are included but not limited to: neuroscience, orthopedic and other disease specific care within the guidelines of the plan care and licensure practice act.
* Participates in the development of best practice through care tracks, standards and outcome evaluations.
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. * BSN Preferred * Current CPR - healthcare provider, issued by American Heart Association. * Certification in Neuroscience Nursing preferred. * Informatics experience or minimum 2 years experience implementing and managing data systems. * Two years experience in neurosciences acute care setting.
Advanced computer skills necessary.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.