Psychiatric RN at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Code: 26138-39806
Days (rotating weekends)
UP TO $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS (WITH EXPERIENCE)
PSYCHIATRIC NURSE - ADMISSIONS NURSE
FULL TIME DAY SHIFTS
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH - ACCESS AND RESPONSE CENTER
Founded in 2006, MountainStar Healthcare is an integrated system of hospitals, physician clinics and outpatient centers that is making healthcare more accessible and convenient all along the Wasatch Front. It is committed to excellence while taking care of patients and their families. Its patient-centered approach to caregiving focuses on respecting people as individuals and providing exceptional medical options and support during some of life s most difficult and celebratory times.
MOUNTAINSTAR PATIENT TRANSFER CENTER is a one-stop solution for patient-care providers to better meet patient care needs. Our knowledgeable support team coordinates transfers when patients need emergency care, urgent medical evaluation, or admission to any MountainStar hospital in Utah. We are here to help; quickly, efficiently and around the clock, every day of the year.
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
POSITION TYPE: Full Time Part Time PRN
12 hour shifts (Full Time - 3 shifts, Part Time - 2 shifts)
WORK SCHEDULE(S): Schedules are 5 a.m. - 5 p.m. and 5 p.m. - 5 a.m.
PRN DEFINED: Work minimum of one shift per two week pay period to assist with staffing for coverage of absences for staff planned/unplanned and/or increase in census. The more you are available the more you can work if shifts are available.
LOCATION: 208 North 2100 West, Suite 100; Salt Lake City, UT 84116
NOTE: An assessment (that takes about 20 minutes to complete) will be automatically sent to you when you have applied for this position (unless you have completed it when applying for a previous similar type position). Please look for it in your email and complete immediately as to not impede the processing of your application.
The ARC RN Care Facilitator, under the supervision of the Division ARC Manager and Director of Access and Response Center (ARC), provides nursing support to the ARC by reviewing the medical and behavioral health needs of patients who are presenting for services through the ARC Program; reviewing the medical presentation of patients referred for inpatient services by internal and external customers for behavioral health unit capability; interacting with admitting providers to facilitate admission orders; and interfacing with third-party payers when appropriate.
* Able to assess and reassess needs of patients through verbal discussions with referring staff, as well as by evaluating medical/behavioral records.
* Reviews referrals for inpatient behavioral health treatment from internal and external customers for medical and behavioral appropriateness.
* Coordinates and participates with appropriate interested parties and physicians through the patient referral inquiry and admission process.
* Interacts with admitting behavioral health providers to share clinical information about referred patients and takes admitting orders by telephone as indicated.
* Interacts with third-party payers to coordinate admissions or transfers as needed.
* Functions as liaison to behavioral health units to remain abreast of facility (and/or unit) specific acuity; staffing and bed capacity status. Serves as the point of contact, via phone or meeting, for each of the behavioral health units.
* Serves as the ARC internal expert regarding the medical needs of behavioral health patients, and is readily available for consultation with ARC clinicians/colleagues and facility staff when needed.
* Completes behavioral health assessment with patients in timely manner through the use of telemental health technology.
* Maintains expert knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to job function(s).
* Demonstrates ability to set priorities.
* Demonstrates good judgement in handling situations not covered by verbal or written instructions.
* Follows established policy and procedures in performing job functions.
* Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment.
* Channels concerns appropriately.
* Provides input, suggestions and support appropriately.
* Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices.
* Ensures patient rights and confidentiality.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director or Manager.
Current RN license to practice in the state of Utah. BSN preferred.
Graduate from accredited school of Nursing. Must maintain BLS certification.
3 years in a behavioral healthcare setting performing assessments preferred
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.