Payer Analysis Managr - HOU at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, Texas
Job Code: 08948-150786
JOB SUMMARY The Payer Analysis Manager is responsible for managing all activities related to Logging which includes verifying the accuracy of calculated discounts and analyzing discrepancies to determine root causes.
SUPERVISOR Payer Analysis Director (Government)
SUPERVISES Governmental Logging and Discrepancy Analysis staff
DUTIES (INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Manage activities related to the SSC government logging and discrepancy analysis functions.
* Ensure Logging processes are performed efficiently and effectively including:
Monitoring and resolution of unpaid claims and month-end governmental reports
Governmental discrepancy analysis and resolution
Batch report corrections
Medicare Bad Debt management
* Perform or review Q/A for all key processes within government logging and discrepancy analysis
* Screen, interview, and hire new employees
* Arrange for training of new employees
* Review each staff member s productivity on a monthly basis and perform annual evaluations
* Counsel staff with disciplinary and productivity issues
* Work as a liaison between the government logging and discrepancy analysis staff and other SSC departments
* Resolve issues escalated by governmental logging and discrepancy analysis staff
* Conduct monthly staff meetings
* Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
* Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* ORGANIZATION - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
* COMMUNICATION - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
* CUSTOMER ORIENTATION - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* INTERPERSONAL SKILLS - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
* PC SKILLS - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
* LEADERSHIP - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
* TACTICAL EXECUTION - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
* PROJECT MANAGEMENT - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
* POLICIES & PROCEDURES - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
* BASIC SKILLS - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
Bachelor s Degree in Business or related field required.
Minimum three years experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience OR completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.