Charge Nurse (RN) Cardiac Telemetry (2 East) at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Job Code: 08298-8751
Days (rotating weekends)
CORPUS CHRISTI MEDICAL CENTER CORPUS CHRISTI, TX
CHARGE NURSE (RN) 2 EAST CARDIAC/TELEMETRY
CORPUS CHRISTI MEDICAL CENTER is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
CORPUS CHRISTI MEDICAL CENTER is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
* 24-hour Emergency Services
* Bariatric Services
* Behavioral Health Services
* Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
* Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
* Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
* Breast Diagnostic Center
* Inpatient Rehabilitation
* Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level I, II, III
* Maternal and Neonatal Transport
* Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
* Orthopedic Services
* Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
* Women s Health Center
CORPUS CHRISTI MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for a CHARGE NURSE (RN) 2 EAST CARDIAC/TELEMETRY.
* The Charge Nurse coordinates nursing care on the unit through staff assignments, assisting/rounding with physicians, coordinating patient orders, communicating with ancillary departments and assisting staff.
* Coordinates nursing care for the patient and participates in patient / family education. Works collaboratively with ancillary staff and other patient care personnel in maintaining standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
* Participates in performance improvement activities to improve patient safety and quality of care.
* Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers.
* Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment.
* Fulfills departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
* Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
* Any new graduates of RN programs will provide proof of intent to complete license examination
* Current CPR certification
* ACLS required or within a minimum of one year employment.
* Acute care experience within last 5 years required
* Two years of experience as an acute care nurse is required. Experience as a charge nurse or management position preferred.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.