Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Pierce, Florida
Job Code: 25641-65061
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). PSG operates more than 800 practices, 78 urgent care clinics, and partners with HCA s 165 hospitals to structure employed provider programs, professional service agreements, and joint ventures that offer the communities we serve high quality, cost effective care. We manage a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
The Medical Office Specialist is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides clinical/administrative expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Work at the reception desk, answer phones, greet and communicate with patients and providers.
* Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments.
* Checking in patients and properly documenting registration.
* Insurance verifications and verification of patient demographics.
* Filing and retrieving medical records/files.
* Copying and faxing duties.
* Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards.
* Entering charges, payments, and balancing the day in the computer.
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Must read, understand, and adhere to all Physician Services policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, fax machine, and computer.
Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information.
EXPERIENCE - Less than one year of experience is required; however, one to three years of experience is preferred.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.